Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I purchased a brand new bike Giant bike from a Giant dealer, on April 6th, 2019 and yesterday April 24, 2019 I visited the Giant website and noticed the same bike MSRP dropped by 15% ($460 off)! So I’m wondering if any of you guys had any experience in price protection?

Does Giant offer something like this? I notice that their policies show 100% satisfaction guarantee but are the authorized dealer shops held to the same standards ? I haven’t spoken to the shop yet, just gathering some facts but what are you thoughts on this matter?

Can’t believe it dropped that much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,804 Posts
Talk to the bike shop. They might just refund the difference since it's only been a couple of weeks. A lot of retailers will do so up to 30 days so your best shot is to do it now.

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
If they do take care of you, be sure to spend a bit of that $460 back in the shop...water bottle, tubes, helmet, shoes....show them some love

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
wow thought the OP would be blasted for asking that question. :) Good to hear is a possibility.

+1 on Train Wreck's comment.

·
Registered
10,338 Posts
A bike shop my buddy uses contacted him and refunded the price drop. He didn't even know about it and this was a high end 4.5C build so it was a fair bit of money.

+3 on what Train Wreck said.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all, spoke to the bike shop and spoke to Giant about it and I believe they’re going to work together to make it right, as far as spending the money, I wouldn’t mind putting that back into the bike shop, it’s like putting a fat kid in a candy shop and saying have at it with $460.

Anyways thank you all and happy riding !!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
You aren't 'screwed' either way.
But you may get lucky.

The positive is you may get some cash back
The negative, well there isn't a negative.

As far as your recent post of "shop is trying to make it right" - you were never wronged.

·
Thinking about riding.
2,169 Posts
You aren't 'screwed' either way.
But you may get lucky.

The positive is you may get some cash back
The negative, well there isn't a negative.

As far as your recent post of "shop is trying to make it right" - you were never wronged.
This. I don't see the issue, you got unlucky. It happens, and it's no one's job to make up for it when it does. If the shop is working with you that's cool, but you should know that they are under no legal or even ethical requirement to do so. I think it would be perfectly acceptable for them to say, 'sorry dude, that's just how it happens sometimes.'

In case you don't know this, Giant credits the shop back for bikes sold during the sale. They don't for bikes not sold during the sale... So the shop would eat that $460. How is that fair again?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok all, let’s take it easy and relax, yes I was never wronged, yes I understand the bike shop is not obligated to credit or refund me the difference.
I will make this clear, if they don’t or didn’t , that experience will reflect in my yelp / google review.
I understand that shops don’t make a lot of money from sales and more from service , however if they make it right ( in the consumers mind ) then I’d build a much more solid relationship with the shop and continue going there for a very long time as well as recommend people to go to this shop.

Ethically required ? No, but it would be rather unethical for them to not make it right ( not saying they haven’t ).

Let’s not lose any sleep over this, once again thank you all and happy riding !!

·
Thinking about riding.
2,169 Posts
Ok all, let's take it easy and relax, yes I was never wronged, yes I understand the bike shop is not obligated to credit or refund me the difference.
I will make this clear, if they don't or didn't , that experience will reflect in my yelp / google review.
I understand that shops don't make a lot of money from sales and more from service , however if they make it right ( in the consumers mind ) then I'd build a much more solid relationship with the shop and continue going there for a very long time as well as recommend people to go to this shop.

Ethically required ? No, but it would be rather unethical for them to not make it right ( not saying they haven't ).

Let's not lose any sleep over this, once again thank you all and happy riding !!

Threatening a bad review? Repeatedly saying 'make it right' after admitting you were never wronged? That's a pretty crappy attitude in my book, but I definitely will not be losing sleep over it.

I work at a shop and frankly in my experience customers like you will never be loyal, you'll always make decisions with your wallet first regardless of how it impacts the shop, so I wouldn't be worried about working to 'earn' your loyalty. I hope I'm wrong and they hook you up and you continue to support them for many years though.

Don't mean to offend, your perspective isn't malicious or uncommon, just can't help but voice my honest thoughts since I don't get to when I'm in the shop. Good luck and happy riding!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks TheDwayyo

Just so you know, in my younger days then yes, I followed my wallet, but I didn't get to where I am today by not at the very least trying.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.