Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and I are heading to Dupont and Pisgah for the weekend. I am only used to XC trails in Michigan and Mid-TN. Will I die this weekend?

·
consistent default champ
747 Posts
Probably just air lifted out. I mean, yes we will all die at some point but you might make it this weekend. I hope you have good maps. Dupont is well marked but there are a LOT of trails and turns. Pisgah, not so well marked depending on where you are.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You will have the time of your life. Rode there last weekend for the first time. Did 60 miles. Can't wait to go back. Pay the money for the expensive little maps though.

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
Can I have your bike?

·
Happy, in the woods.
251 Posts
What Michigan trails are you used to?

If you think you're gonna die remember that pisgah has very poor, if any, cell coverage. Better call your mom now and get some things off your chest. Most first time visitors don't live to make the "Don't worry moma most of the bleeding has stopped, and the helicopter is on its way..." call.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm alive.
Great place to ride. The uphills are only going to be difficult if you are carrying around too much redundant tissue. Dupont was a cute place. I can see how people might try to write up Pisgah as a great place to ride, but the thing is it wasn't made for bikers. So...yeah...it's difficult to bike up a trail that was not designed to be ridden up - just like it would be hard to drive a sports car down a jeep trail.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts