Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only person riding a 08 55ETA? I've been searching for some posts by people talking about 55 ETAs but don't really see anything.

I've done a few rides. Still don't feel like it's set up quite right. I think I'm going to put a couple more hours on it and change the oil.

I have noticed that the compression damping adjustment is inconsistent when adjusted near max damping. Anyone else seen this.

Can anyone give some air pressures they have been running in the ETA side and your rider weight?

700 Posts
justinsc said:
Am I the only person riding a 08 55ETA? I've been searching for some posts by people talking about 55 ETAs but don't really see anything.

I've done a few rides. Still don't feel like it's set up quite right. I think I'm going to put a couple more hours on it and change the oil.

I have noticed that the compression damping adjustment is inconsistent when adjusted near max damping. Anyone else seen this.

Can anyone give some air pressures they have been running in the ETA side and your rider weight?
Hello you are not alone:)

The compression damping is speed sensitive. If you run it near the heavier setting you will notice a flexuation in damping according to the speed in which the fork has to compress when it hits a bump. It was mainly designed to be a climbing feature with blow-off for safety. I think that's what you are feeling. You can try to use a little less comp damping and adjust the oil hieght on the ETA side to give you some progression as you get deeper into the travel. Personally, I don't think anything more than position 3 is worthy of good descending performance.

As far as an air pressure, why not try to set-up you fork with proper sag and go from there. 25% sag on 160mm of travel = 40mm. Try to set it up this way and see what happens. The psi range is 0-55psi. You would probably be near 20psi....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.