Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Yes, you are a dufus

But only because you have your answer, yet come to the women's lounge to get the same answer. The answer is this-bicycle specific shorts are made to be worn without underwear.

Period.

End of statement.

Now go ride your bike, please.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Call_me_Clyde said:
But only because you have your answer, yet come to the women's lounge to get the same answer. The answer is this-bicycle specific shorts are made to be worn without underwear.
Actually, I was curious what the women did, as not all women frequent all assorted threads.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
You're not a woman

brianthebiker said:
Actually, I was curious what the women did, as not all women frequent all assorted threads.
So it's irrelevant.

You stared down both barrels of the gun and said "shoot me". I obliged and pulled the trigger.

Go ride your bike.

Bob

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Call_me_Clyde said:
You stared down both barrels of the gun and said "shoot me".
Uh no, actually, I asked a simple question, as I wanted to see what the other half does.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
You're right......

brianthebiker said:
Uh no, actually, I asked a simple question, as I wanted to see what the other half does.
You asked a simple question. "Am I a dufus?" In my book, that's looking down both barrels and asking to be shot. But let's just put that aside for now. Your question about wearing underwear under bike specific shorts is legitimate. You got your answer, and believe it or not, it's not gender specific. Both men's and women's biking shorts are made to be worn sans skivvies.

With that said, let's see how "the other half" (as you call it) replies to your post. I'm certain that my sarcastic remarks will pale in comparison.

Ladies.....he's all yours.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Call_me_Clyde said:
You asked a simple question. "Am I a dufus?" In my book, that's looking down both barrels and asking to be shot. But let's just put that aside for now. Your question about wearing underwear under bike specific shorts is legitimate. You got your answer, and believe it or not, it's not gender specific. Both men's and women's biking shorts are made to be worn sans skivvies.

With that said, let's see how "the other half" (as you call it) replies to your post. I'm certain that my sarcastic remarks will pale in comparison.

Ladies.....he's all yours.
I am fully cognizant that i am a dufus in general. I was just curious whether I was a dufus regarding skivvies and biking shorts, and the answer also appears to be yes.

·
Glue Sniffer
553 Posts
brianthebiker said:
I am fully cognizant that i am a dufus in general. I was just curious whether I was a dufus regarding skivvies and biking shorts, and the answer also appears to be yes.
Heh.

Free the boys Brian! Free the boys!!!

Wear spandex with no whities. Where white swim trunks into the ocean. Get a man thong.

I guar-an-tee you that you are more concerned by that thin layer of fabric seperating you from the world than everyone else is.

Free the boys! Next thing you know, you'll be collecting shells on the beach in a speedo revelling in your new found freedom.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Lol

catzilla said:
Heh.

Free the boys Brian! Free the boys!!!

Wear spandex with no whities. Where white swim trunks into the ocean. Get a man thong.

I guar-an-tee you that you are more concerned by that thin layer of fabric seperating you from the world than everyone else is.

Free the boys! Next thing you know, you'll be collecting shells on the beach in a speedo revelling in your new found freedom.
AHHHHHH that's beautiful...good stuff. And no, you dont need the underness to go with the bike shorts...they end up in bad places...ouch Kona

·
Registered
922 Posts
I concur, you are a complete dufus for asking that here.

Did you really think the girls were going to support your position? :rolleyes:

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
catzilla said:
What she said.... lycra in contact with the skin is sexy. Most biking shorts (unless they're fugly made) are hypercomfy with noble parts of the manhood... nothing like the touch of lycra on... well, you get the idea.

And yes, you're a complete dufus for asking twice. It's like asking if the Beetle was made by VW to several different people and then go somewhere else to ask if the Beetle was made by VW to some other bunch. You're either making a fool of yourself or trying to make a fool of people.

If you want to ride with briefs under the lycras, it's ok. But your arse will be sore. You don't know how uncomfortable is sweat filled cotton scrubbing Ur-anus.

Sorry for the language ladies, but after reading like 20 replies on the other board and at least 10 more here, I doubt he understands any english (and my english is not that good, not even my mother language).

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
If you're uncomfortable in lycra alone, wear baggies. Before I started riding the idea was kind of weird to me, but I never tried it any other way (since starting to ride, always have ridden with the bike shorts only) and don't have any complaints.

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Warp2003 said:
And yes, you're a complete dufus for asking twice. It's like asking if the Beetle was made by VW to several different people and then go somewhere else to ask if the Beetle was made by VW to some other bunch. You're either making a fool of yourself or trying to make a fool of people.

it seems to be this week's trend. So what if your OP in some other forum got 37 replies, go ask in the WL. I can't see that it's worth it.

~f.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
formica said:
it seems to be this week's trend. So what if your OP in some other forum got 37 replies, go ask in the WL. I can't see that it's worth it.

~f.
Actually, it's against the rules of the forums... etiqette says you should write something like "X-Post" on the title, but it's still against the rules. And in this case, worthless.

·
The Other F Word
578 Posts
Here is how you dress to go biking

Start like this guy. Set down the fishing rod. Remove boots. Put on bike shorts. Put on socks & bike shoes. Remove hat. Put on jersey. Put on helmet, eye pro, and gloves.

Now go ride.

HTH
gabrielle

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    30.2 KB Views: 464
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.