Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

So i'm currently looking at some new bikes for me. Due to my weight and height i'm looking for the sturdiest frames that i could find and i started looking at some freeride bikes, that also are pedal capable. I came across this:

http://www.cycles-lapierre.fr/lapierre/vtt-big-mountain/2009/FROGGY-518

The geometry is pretty identical to the Spicy and Zesty (AM range of LP) so i think it should be as AM capable as any of these two. It's kind of on the heavy side but again, not really a problem for me.

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts

·
Banned
4,278 Posts
phire said:
Hi there,

So i'm currently looking at some new bikes for me. Due to my weight and height i'm looking for the sturdiest frames that i could find and i started looking at some freeride bikes, that also are pedal capable. I came across this:

Looks nice, tho I would not run the DHX Air if you are a heavier rider. That shock sucks for heavier riders. Coil or even RP23 would be a better choice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Random Drivel said:
Looks nice, tho I would not run the DHX Air if you are a heavier rider. That shock sucks for heavier riders. Coil or even RP23 would be a better choice.
Funny, the guy at my LBS said that with my weight i should be running air shocks and forks. :confused:

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
The downside with coil shocks is that, if you are not "average weight", you have to get a replacement spring that suits you. That is one reason I like my Marzocchi forks: I just need a shock pump to adjust them for my weight; no hunting for the correct spring, like I had to do with a Manitou fork.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
phire said:
Hi there,

The geometry is pretty identical to the Spicy and Zesty (AM range of LP) so i think it should be as AM capable as any of these two. It's kind of on the heavy side but again, not really a problem for me.
Why not just get the Zesty? It seems more suited, is definitely AM capable, should be fine for your weight and height, and it's about 3.4 kg (about 7.5 lbs) lighter. That weight difference is substantial. Ask yourself if you really need the heavier bike. What is your intended riding? Are you going to be doing 8 foot drops on it? If not, I think you'll be happier with the Zesty based on what I read of the bikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.