Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alyeska will be putting on a DH race this Sunday 4-13-2014. The course will start at the top of the tram and run down main street, champagne, wier, ego flats, switchback, international, klondike, cabbage patch, and finishing at the base area near chair 4. Entry will be limited to 50 riders. Tram uploads will start at 9:00 am and race is set to start at 10:00 am using 1 min intervals. Check here https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/1408777349392066/ For more info and updates as some details may change due to conditions. Should be a good time.

· Elitest thrill junkie
41,702 Posts
Is it fatbike-recommended (as opposed to something else)?

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It'll all be on groomed ski runs. I would suspect that at 10 am the surface will be fairly firm unless we get a shot of warm temps. I would lean towards a longer slacker ride instead of a twitchy XC set up. I'm sure either would be competitive in the right hands though. I doubt studs will be of much advantage unless we get some very cold temps Saturday night and things get icy. Fresh corduroy is pretty grippy (for snow anyways). Bring your full face, goggles, and pads.

Sent from headquarters.

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Burntski, myself, and some other staff pre-ran tha course today. Burntski was on a fat bike and had the advantage over the DH bikes. The groomers had groomed not long before we took our run and the surface was fairly soft. I was on a DH bike and it felt much like riding with a flat rear tire. Pretty drifty stuff. I feel studs wouldn't give any advantage. Hope to see y'all out there tomorrow!

· Elitest thrill junkie
41,702 Posts
Thanks for the intel!

· Elitest thrill junkie
41,702 Posts
Wheel Winter Recreation Bicycle Freezing

Hell yeah! Great race!

· Elitest thrill junkie
41,702 Posts
No pics during the race, but there should be some up on Alyeska and Downhill Brigade's sites later. We all had to sign modeling contracts to race, because we are so ridiculously good-looking.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle tire

Pregame.
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel

Why so angry Bro?, it's only a race!
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Wheel Tire

Super bling.
Wheel Tire Rim Spoke Automotive tire

More of the lineup, it was about half fats half downhill bikes, half all mountain. Winter Recreation Slope Mountain range Outdoor recreation

The end of the race.
Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim Winter

More of the end.
Winter Trousers Recreation Jacket Outerwear

Next event was the Dummy Downhill.
Winter Fun Recreation Snow Winter sport

Dummy.
Winter Slope Tree Snow Net

Bathtub?
Winter Snow Freezing Baby & toddler clothing Toy

PBRD2 behind Winnie.
Footwear Winter Snow Mammal Jeans

Slope Winter Net Snow Geological phenomenon

Something on fire.
Slope Winter Snow Geological phenomenon Net

Pretty flames.
Slope Winter World Wire fencing Mesh

How is this going to end?
Winter Cap Snow Freezing Mountain range

Smoking hole.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.