Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for some help with an aluminum dropout repair. I contacted the Yellow Jersey but I am looking for other alternatives.I talked to Carsten and he mentioned about his friend that had the same issue and reconstructed the dropout with aircraft epoxy. Does anyone know anyone that can help me? Any leads?:thumbsup:

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
bestmtb said:
I talked to Carsten and he mentioned about his friend that had the same issue and reconstructed the dropout with aircraft epoxy.
I'm not sure how strong aircraft epoxy is but that sounds scary...I would contact the closest frame builder...

·
Old but fat.
43 Posts
There are several simple solutions, the first one being modifying an exchangeable gearhanger from a modern bike, like a Kona or whatever...

CRC's got a ton of different ones, just get creative & figure out how to do it & which one to use... =)

·
Banned
2,989 Posts
A pic of your hanger situation would be helpful. Is it broken off, dangling or are the threads just bad. If threads you can use a dropout saver if not as stated above find one that can be modified to work. I have found hanger #1 from Wheels Manufacturing to be a suitable hanger for almost any replacement. It will require some cutting and filing but I've saved a couple dozen frames for people over the years using this hanger
http://derailleurhanger.com/gt.htm

Nice thread at this link on the old style hanger too...
http://bluecollarmtb.com/2007/03/14/make-a-universal-derailleur-hanger/

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
zingel said:
A dropout constructed of epoxy or attached with epoxy? Scary...

A deraillleur hanger attached with epoxy...not scary...

Original post was not clear as to what he was looking for..."I am looking for some help with an aluminum dropout repair."

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
Wow horizontal drop outs time for single speed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts