Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
well...

Are they gauging interest or is there a date that they start production?

I'd be very interested & I think gregk would buy one today!

How much more do you think for a XXL or custom?

Can you shed some more light on this, Pat?

CB

·
Registered
102 Posts
shark67 said:
Are they gauging interest or is there a date that they start production?

I'd be very interested & I think gregk would buy one today!

Can you shed some more light on this, Pat?

CB
:) Yeah, probably! Actually, I already sent in the order for the titanium one...
I'm sure it would sell well simply based on price- there are not many low cost options for 29ers these days (read: aluminum). All you've got is Fisher, and they don't want to produce enough to meet demand.

I'd say it is definitely a good idea. I wouldn't buy one simply because I've already ordered a ti frame, but I'm sure many would consider it. It would help get more people into the 29er revolution!

·
Registered
200 Posts
If only I had waited!

Man,

I have just purchased a used Mt. Tam 29. Well, if the Mt. Tam frame goes south, hopefully Airborne's frame will be ready to order!

Great price point. That's the price point I've been shopping at for frames for the last 4 or 5 years.

Can't wait to see more!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No alum customs

Airborne does not offer custom options on their aluminum frames, and at that price point, who cares. It will be a copy of the B-29 down to the shaped tubes, etc., but I doubt they'll do the Enigma stay as on the B-29. Alum is too soft for that application.
I'll let them know your thoughts, and thanks for replying.
Pat

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
personally...

think it would make more sense to do a frame in steel (853?) than aluminum. I think that most of the people riding 29er hardtails would prefer a lighter weight steel over aluminum. Get one at a "production" bike price and I think it would sell like wildfire. I'd love to see one of those jenson/zion 853 frames in a 29er. Sorry Walt, not all of us can afford custom, although my birthday is coming!

·
29er Pilot
101 Posts
Definately

For that price Airborne would grab a huge chunk of the 29r frame market. I would pick one up for my wife in a heart beat, and like Chaffer, if my Supercal chunched I would go with one as well. $399.00 WoW! If you can get it for that price, a few folks are going to have to rethink their pricing. On top of all that, there are many more people out there that would try a 29r if they could get a frame in that price range.

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
patirwin said:
Airborne is considering an aluminum version of the B-29, and want to see how much interest there is. At $399, I don't see how it can lose.....
What do you folks think?
Pat Irwin
if they put a decent amount of TT in the larger sizes, I'd buy 1 or 2...

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
Disco_Inferno said:
If you can get it for that price, a few folks are going to have to rethink their pricing.
Right and it would drive even more manufacturers to source their products in China. How great for us!
:rolleyes:

·
(was) Big in Japan
1,008 Posts
I know of one.

Krackity Jones said:
If they were to make it in steel I could finally convince my friend to get a 29"er. I can't believe that the only option for a steel bike with vertical dropouts is custom. I suppose that the 26" world is not too different.
VooDoo Dambala. Search wooglin's posts for a pic. Sliding dropouts - SS or gears, disc brake mount moves with the dropout. nice looking frame...

·
Map Maker
1,244 Posts
patirwin said:
Airborne is considering an aluminum version of the B-29, and want to see how much interest there is. At $399, I don't see how it can lose.....
What do you folks think?
Pat Irwin
I have been wanting a B29 !! I would buy this in a heartbeat!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.