Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, Rocky Mountain states that the shock size for the altitude is 7.875 x 2.25, but I measured the shaft length on the stock O2 RLR shock (that came stock on my '14 aluminum rally edition) and its 2 1/8", and I let the air out of the shock and compressed it and it really looks like a 2" stroke. No wonder I felt like the Vector Air i replaced it with gave it more travel, haha (its 2.25"). Was that just an individual oversight? Anyone looking at the alloy rally edition check and make sure the shock is the right stroke before you buy. Also with the stock xfusion shock the air valve came so close to the frame in the slackest geo setting i couldnt put a shock pump or valve cap on it.

·
ups and downs
15,592 Posts
It's always possible that Fox mixed up a 7.875" x 2.0" shock in a shipment, they do still offer that size in the Fox Float X CTD Remote Shock. From the outside it would be hard to tell at a glance. That would certainly be a warranty issue.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Xfusion not fox. It actually worked out for me because I replaced it with a different shock and ended up selling the original to someone who needed the 2"!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts