Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
rides with camera
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came to the RMB forum to find out about repainting my baby when I found out they are bringing the name back ! I must admit I was quite shocked , cause I thought they would never bring the altitude back ! This new bike obviously is nothing like the old !

Anyways , I wanted to find out about repaints , mine is currently sitting in my den "frame only " . Where would be a good place to send it to get the "original" maple leafs fading into the yellow ? Is Rocky Mountain a good place to go or send ot to Chris Dekerf ?
Any other ideas ? Talking to some of the local stores around here "Edmonton " and they say that Dekerf or RMB would be my best bet .

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
sherijumper said:
Why quebec ? Wouldn`t sending frames from B.C to Quebec be very expensive :confused:

I think you are probably right , Dekerf would probably be my best option .
Because that;s where all the painting and assembly is done. Very little of rocky's frames are welded in canada anymore. Just the etsx, element and slayer sxc models.... all other production occurs in asia.

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
sherijumper said:
Why quebec ? Wouldn`t sending frames from B.C to Quebec be very expensive :confused:

I think you are probably right , Dekerf would probably be my best option .
And even the raw Canadian made frames are now sent to Quebec for painting. The cost of labour and real estate out here, along with ever increasing environmental regulations apparently made it cheaper to do all that work in Quebec.

·
Registered
554 Posts
islander said:
Recommend Harald Strasser (aka Toxik Harald) of Toxik Design Lab for this work. He's painted for DeKerf, Brodie and Berg bikes
I was referred to him by Rocky and was told he's about the best there is for reproduction stuff. I spoke with him on the phone a while back, very knowledgeable and friendly. Downside is the shipping of the frame both ways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.