Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My BB cup on the non-drive side won't budge with the splined tool. I'm taking this side off first , as this is what makes sense. Anyone have any help for another way? The old screwdriver and hammer may have to come out soon!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
A QR skewer

can help keep the tool in alignment. You'll have to use a larger wrench on the flats instead of a socket wrench if you do this
I've also used a wrench on the flats of the tool to help keep it straight when I'm using a socket wrench.

RetroG said:
My BB cup on the non-drive side won't budge with the splined tool. I'm taking this side off first , as this is what makes sense. Anyone have any help for another way? The old screwdriver and hammer may have to come out soon!!

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
RetroG said:
Skewer the tool onto the bottom braket, put the tool in a bench vise and turn the frame. This should give you PLENTY of leverage. Just make sure you are turning it the right way. See Park Tool website for detailed instructions...

http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/FAQcartdg.shtml

·
crashes in parkinglot
1,257 Posts
Acme54321 said:
Last time I checked it was the drive side that was reverse threaded.
Agreed, last time i worked on my BB it was as Acme says. And incase you aren't sure Park has a great website to make sure you know how to use the tools you buy from them so if theres ever a question look there to verify.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Mikey said:
You do know that the non-drive side is reverse-threaded, right? You should be turning it clockwise to loosen it. Just wanted to make sure.
Wrong! The non-drive side uses right-handed threads (normal). The drive side is left hand threads (reversed).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.