Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NedwannaB
12,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try a dropbar setup say the Woodchipper's on these? Have a TJ frame to build up. I'm not trying to make a fakey Cutthroat, but have access to a rigid NINER fork and some drivetrain components. Would the stem setup have to be funky to make it work?

·
jcd's best friend
3,008 Posts
I havent done it but there is a guy on Instagram who does!

He goes by the IG name @derekteed1. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
12,171 Posts
most likely, you'll have to use a very tall, short-reach stem. a drop bar ads a few inches to the overall cockpit length of the bike.

·
Registered
141 Posts
most likely, you'll have to use a very tall, short-reach stem. a drop bar ads a few inches to the overall cockpit length of the bike.
Definitely. And that could be tricky since I think the stock stem on a Timberjack is 50mm.

I'd also look at the effect that the rigid fork will have on the stack/head angle/reach compared with the suspension fork as that may change the feel of the bike quite a bit on its own.

·
NedwannaB
12,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely. And that could be tricky since I think the stock stem on a Timberjack is 50mm.

I'd also look at the effect that the rigid fork will have on the stack/head angle/reach compared with the suspension fork as that may change the feel of the bike quite a bit on its own.
Thanks all!👍 I just threw this out there since my buddies offered the parts as a gesture. The guy with fork may not have known it's a 120/130 geo frame. Think I'll just stay with original plan and build it up conventional 29r mtb with a 120 fork and drivetrain parts I have. 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts