Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am headed to Altamont, NY in May. I am wondering if there is anyone who could "guide" me on a ride in the area on 5/24? Would like cross country/single track, intermediate pace for a c.2 hour ride. Cheers.

·
short timer
173 Posts
Maybe also check out Central Park in Schenectady or the Pine Bush in Colonie. The Pine Bush has some hidden single track that is suppose to be pretty good. However, I've never ridden either place but have heard positive comments about both. The most southern NY single track I've ridden in the area is in Malta, Luther Forest. Really nice, flows well, not real demanding but fun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Also, the SMBA trails at Skidmore are good. They tend to be rockier and more technical than other near by rides. http://saratogamtb.org

There also are some MTB trails in the colonie town park which are fun. For a quick ride, I like Luther Forest. It's not technical, and is great for interval work.

Posted from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.

·
Haro Sonix LT VL120
813 Posts
Thatcher is 10 minutes from altamont and one of the best places to park is on old stage road. Theres a pulloff w a parking lot. I was just there today and they have a nice bulletin board with two maps of all the trails. All the trails are very well marked and easy to follow. I used to ride back there a few years ago so I know all the trails like the back of my hand but it was nice to see them all marked so well. Lots of nice singletrack with my favorite trail that rides along the cliff from the altamont overlook. I would be happy to show you around but I havent been out biking much lately so I doubt I would have my lungs and legs back to set a decent pace. If you want more directions or info let me know. This is definetly the best place to mtb in this area. If you wanna travel 20min also check out pine bush. Theres some really nice smooth fast singletrack there. Hope this helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.