Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a brand new 05 66rc marz fork on my 2006 coiler. the standover height has increased a little bit, and its right at my chode area with pretty much no room on the standover. any feedback would be appreciated. thanks guys
Chris

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
afi823any feedback would be appreciated. thanks guys Chris[/QUOTE said:
Chris,

What kind of feedback are you looking for......that it's touching your bozack?? Sorry, dude....I'm not gonna give you that feedback. :eek:

It's a VERY tall fork. 595mm A2C vs. the current 66's which are 555mm. I owned that fork for a year. It treated me very well, but was super tall.

You can drop the travel to 150mm by moving the internal spacers around . This, of course, will also lower the overall A2C of that fork, but it'll still be 575mm and that's still taller than most 8" forks. That fork was the first TRUE long-travel fork and, as such, they used the 888 lowers and the crown is really tall.

EBX

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i was just wondering if it was alright to have it so close to the jewels... i rarely ever step off the bike so i figured it didnt matter that much. but yeah i was just basically wodnering if it was a good upgrade idea to put an 05 66 rc an 2006 coiler.
thanks
Chris

ps its already at 150mm now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.