Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great time riding with Shiggy and his friends, Al & Collette. My son Shane also rode with us. We shuttled all the way to check point #3, it was hot and we were glad to get a ride. We dropped water at the bottom of the Jedi section. My wife drove the truck back down and hiked along the North Fork Trail for an hour.

Shiggy was riding his MC with drops, Al had a Dean 29er ss. I was on my IFG. It was very warm and dusty in some places. We took our time coming down, I took 207 pics. It was a very clear day.

The trail was in good condition, it was hard to tell the CCP had just been run a month before. I really enjoyed riding with Shiggy again, it's been a long time. Al and Collette were fun to ride with. Everyone enjoyed themselves.

Total ride was 17 miles, tomarrow we are doing MRT. I think I'll ride my two speed, it's geared a little higher. I'ts rigid except for a Moxey post.

I ran Tioga 2.3 DH frt with 20psi and a Mosquito 2.0 with 25 psi on the rear. My gearing was 32x20 as always. I like low air preasure, I rarely pinch flat. I pick good lines and slow down a little. I had a Moxey post and used the lockout Headshok a lot on Alpine. I wore goggles in the dusty sections.
 

Attachments

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
Joined
·
16,330 Posts
Sweet! I had the pleasure of introducing Al (AKA aosty here on MTBR) and Collette to the Brice Creek Trail yesterday. They be way good people, yeah yoo betcha. Based on the three trails they're riding in the three days they're in the Eugene, Oregon area, I'm guessing they're going to want to move here. :D Those three trails are Brice Creek, Alpine and McKenzie River. It doesn't get much better than those great ones, but just imagine what might happen if Al and Collette were to discover that those three are mere indicators of how awesome our zone actually is... consider Moon Point, Waldo Lake, Tire Mountain, Eagle's Rest, Hardesty Mountain, and on and on and on... too bad these two nice Californians don't have about six weeks to spend here in the Green Zone.

Anyway, nice pics, lef-t. Thanks for sharing. Wish I could have joined you but I had to go throw a stick in the river with my dog today. (I did manage to get a 'round-town 20-miler on the cruiser in, tho.) My two week vacation ends today... it's back to the salt mines for me in the morning. That means I can't join y'all for MRT tomorrow. Bah! Please have enough fun for yourselves plus those of us who are stuck behind a desk and can only wish we were with you.

--Sparty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sourgrass meadow

Sparticus said:
Sweet! I had the pleasure of introducing Al (AKA aosty here on MTBR) and Collette to the Brice Creek Trail yesterday. They be way good people, yeah yoo betcha. Based on the three trails they're riding in the three days they're in the Eugene, Oregon area, I'm guessing they're going to want to move here. :D Those three trails are Brice Creek, Alpine and McKenzie River. It doesn't get much better than those great ones, but just imagine what might happen if Al and Collette were to discover that those three are mere indicators of how awesome our zone actually is... consider Moon Point, Waldo Lake, Tire Mountain, Eagle's Rest, Hardesty Mountain, and on and on and on... too bad these two nice Californians don't have about six weeks to spend here in the Green Zone.

Anyway, nice pics, lef-t. Thanks for sharing. Wish I could have joined you but I had to go throw a stick in the river with my dog today. (I did manage to get a 'round-town 20-miler on the cruiser in, tho.) My two week vacation ends today... it's back to the salt mines for me in the morning. That means I can't join y'all for MRT tomorrow. Bah! Please have enough fun for yourselves plus those of us who are stuck behind a desk and can only wish we were with you.

--Sparty
Riding with Al and Collette reminded me of how I felt when I first rode here. It was really nice to take our time and stop to regroup. Everyone but Shane had a camera and were taking pictures.

Sorry we missed ya, Lef-T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sourgrass Mountain

lef-t said:
Riding with Al and Collette reminded me of how I felt when I first rode here. It was really nice to take our time and stop to regroup. Everyone but Shane had a camera and were taking pictures.

Sorry we missed ya, Lef-T
I had some more pics, here they are.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,129 Posts
We are having so much fun here in Oregon, and the fun isn't even over yet. 3 trails in 3 days, and vacaion isn't over yet! BIG Thanks to sparty and shiggy and lef-t and shane and dot and carla for showing us your beautiful state.

More pics to follow soon....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
48,238 Posts
Padre said:
Hey! That's not fair! My wife and I have vacation coming up on the 15th and haven't settled on a spot yet...Oregon sounds sooooo nice....
Come on up! Lots to ride in the Oakridge area. I could get away for one short ride next week. Can hook you up with the poop for all the trails you could handle otherwise. The USFS claims we have more than 600 miles of trail in the area. I could also put you up for at least one night.

The 12 hrs of Willamette Pass is on the 21st and there will be a big group of DODers "racing". Then there is a group ride of the Waldo Lake Trail (one of the best) on the 22nd.

Well worth the drive.
 

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
Joined
·
8,821 Posts
We'd love to ride up there.
We'd likely get out to Oregon on Monday/Tuesday sometime if we pull the trigger on this idea..
Thanks for you generosity Shiggy, we'd love to see your "short" ride....

shiggy©®™ said:
Come on up! Lots to ride in the Oakridge area. I could get away for one short ride next week. Can hook you up with the poop for all the trails you could handle otherwise. The USFS claims we have more than 600 miles of trail in the area. I could also put you up for at least one night.
Well worth the drive.
 

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
Joined
·
16,330 Posts
Padre said:
We'd love to ride up there.
We'd likely get out to Oregon on Monday/Tuesday sometime if we pull the trigger on this idea..
Thanks for you generosity Shiggy, we'd love to see your "short" ride....
Hey Padre,

I might be able to sneak away from work for one day next week... let me know ASAP if you are coming up. I don't call in sick for just anybody, but you are one of those guys for whom I'd risk my career.

--Sparty
 

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
Joined
·
8,821 Posts
Sparticus said:
Hey Padre,
I might be able to sneak away from work for one day next week... let me know ASAP if you are coming up. I don't call in sick for just anybody, but you are one of those guys for whom I'd risk my career.
--Sparty
Whoa Whoa Whoa! We weren't planning on ruining anyone's career's here! =) But if we can hook up w/ you and shiggy i think we're in. I'll also try to beg Wade for a look see around the Vulture nest and maybe even a ride!
It's looking like our first real day up there would be Tuesday.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
48,238 Posts
Padre said:
We'd love to ride up there.
We'd likely get out to Oregon on Monday/Tuesday sometime if we pull the trigger on this idea..
Thanks for you generosity Shiggy, we'd love to see your "short" ride....
Tuesday or Wednesday looks best for me. I am thinking about Salmon Creek and Flat Creek trails in Oakridge.

You are welcome to stay at the shiggy Inn Monday and/or Tuesday. I will send you my cell number.
 

·
WAWE
Joined
·
1,437 Posts
Padre said:
Hmmmm.... 13 hours 28 minutes.. almost 900 miles....
Hey Al, how long did that drive take you?
I detoured and stopped along the way so I'm not sure about the exact time but that sounds about right.

Go to Oregon!!!
Go to Oregon!!!

Red-haze/Sparty/Lef-T/Shiggy toooooooooootally hooked us up on the rides!

:D

:cool:
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top