Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been meaning to post an introduction for a few weeks, just haven't needed to procrastinate till now. Re-learning C++ has officially taken a few years off my life, I think I would rather post a lame introduction on the AZ Forum then read another paragraph on pointers and operator overloading.

So here goes...

I just moved back from Silicon Valley to be closer to family. I work from home full time (for a very large web site that doesn't start with the letter G). My favorite colors are hot pink, electric blue, and neon green. I mostly wear lycra/spandex with the aforementioned colors. I for the most part I ride XC (I'm saving my pennies for a 6 inch travel bike). I ride a hardtail 29er. I'm a Fat Cyclist fan (mostly because I'm also fat and I like to cycle). I've accomplished the 10th level of smugness by living in Northern California and owning a Prius, Macbook and iPhone (and my farts smell like rainbows). I'm an average 30-something-married-guy with two kids and a third one on the way (yes it was planned and no I'm not LDS... not that there is anything wrong with LDS). I mostly ride solo but I'm looking for a core group of guys to ride with. I'm about average on a mountain bike (which is to say I can handle most trails but I'm not very spectacular and I don't do crazy jumps). I'm currently living with my parents (2 miles away from South Mountain) but will be moving out to Gilbert at the end of the month.

Ok... that's enough lameness for now.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AZ Mikey said:
How about a fixie? That appears to be the only thing missing.

Welcome back.
Yeah... the fixie was just out of reach for me. I begged and pleaded with my wife to let me get one. I told her that not only would I reach the 11th level of smugness I would also be fashionably superior to all those around me. I could confidently look down my nose at everyone. People would get out of my way when I walked instead of me having to get out of their way.

Oh well... we can't have everything.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
CrankyMonkey said:
Yeah... the fixie was just out of reach for me. I begged and pleaded with my wife to let me get one. I told her that not only would I reach the 11th level of smugness I would also be fashionably superior to all those around me. I could confidently look down my nose at everyone. People would get out of my way when I walked instead of me having to get out of their way.

Oh well... we can't have everything.
you can still grow a goatee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.