Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Low Rep Count
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if the weight is any lighter than say a standard Hayes line. I had i-links on my old BB7 set up and it was definitely lighter.

Basically, I need to trim my lines to fit the bike and was thinking about maybe just replacing them all together if I could find something lighter. Sorry, this is sort of my first time dealing with trying to lighten up a set of hydros (hayes stroker carbons). I aready have ti bolts on the rotors, calipers and levers (had them from my old brakes). Not really a need mind you but I figure if I have to trim the lines, why not just swap them out. Is it even worth it? I know for the i-links it was a pretty big difference but I would think that the hydro lines wouldn't be.

·
Low Rep Count
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't weighed the cables as they are on the bike. Honestly, I wasn't to stressed initially but now seeing your data, I am starting to wonder. May be worth it in the grand scheme of things. I know that every little thing counts when you are talking about getting the over all weight down on the bike and ther ear definitely areas that I can shave some weight off the bike. Perhaps the cables is not the place to start (apparently, MBA says I should get a light weight top cap for my stem!)

Seriously, though, I have been tinkering with different parts and what not and need to replace my handlebar first but I can at least be at peace knowing that trimming the lines is going to shave some weight as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.