Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some weather forecast, huh? Talk about inaccurate. I planned on going to Deer Park and taking easy today, but thought better of it and went the extra couple of miles north to Allamuchy for an unguided solo attempt at those trails. I thought I might be able to recognize a route from previous group rides. Did OK for the first few miles, but that was it. I noticed new yellow and red trail markings, which were helpful given my lack of knowledge of the area. Anyone know where those trails take you? I found myself exploring side trails mostly because it seemed as though the marked trails were a lot of wider double-track type of stuff. I have to believe that at least one of the marked trails continues west towards route 517, but didn't venture out that far. I was mostly trying to keep my bearing (compass and map were useless). Managed 3.5 hours of riding, though and managed not to get hopelessly lost despite some back-tracking.

Mosquitoes were f**king unreal there.

Anyway, hope nobody missed any riding due to the "rain".

·
Registered
678 Posts
Allamuchy Trails

The two trails that you mention (Yellow and Red) are both loops that start and finish in the area of the Sussex Branch Trail. The Park has requested that JORBA mark several trails throughout the park so visitors can orientate themselves if they get lost. With this in mind, there will be several more trails marked by this fall, including a trail from 517 to the Waterloo Rd parking lot. At some point in time the Park will put out a new map showing the marked trails.

Bob W

1 - 2 of 2 Posts