Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rode the mooch today and much to my surprise it was awesome. no issues with traction or mud at all. very little standing standing water. i didn't even need to clean my bike when i was done! nuff said, get out and ride people!

phat

·
Registered
481 Posts
Your lying

phatbiker said:
rode the mooch today and much to my surprise it was awesome. no issues with traction or mud at all. very little standing standing water. i didn't even need to clean my bike when i was done! nuff said, get out and ride people!

phat
Stop destroying the trails!!! Go snowboarding or something.

Kirt

ps. See you on Sunday :)

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
KirtM said:
Stop destroying the trails!!! Go snowboarding or something.

Kirt

ps. See you on Sunday :)
ride report #2 from the last day of 2005:

started at 9am with, cruzing, saber17, and jimg with a little more than a dusting on the ground. the snow was not an issue today but but any water crossing caused some annoying icing on everyone's deraileurs in my group.my tires (kenda kinetics tubeless)seamed to not handle the slick surfaces very well but my fellow riders didn't have any issues with theirs (wtb wierwolves, hutchinson octypus and irc trail bears). we finished with a pretty nice 3hr ride at a decent pace.

phat

·
Registered
573 Posts
Rode there the same day..

phatbiker said:
ride report #2 from the last day of 2005:

started at 9am with, cruzing, saber17, and jimg with a little more than a dusting on the ground. the snow was not an issue today but but any water crossing caused some annoying icing on everyone's deraileurs in my group.my tires (kenda kinetics tubeless)seamed to not handle the slick surfaces very well but my fellow riders didn't have any issues with theirs (wtb wierwolves, hutchinson octypus and irc trail bears). we finished with a pretty nice 3hr ride at a decent pace.

phat
Only in the afternoon. Not a drop of mud, in fact my bike was cleaner coming out than getting in.

and

(Please forgive the crappy camera-phone quality...).

I had a good 2hr ride to the top, coming down wasn't so bad as long as I didn't touch the front brake.

Maurice

·
Make some music
740 Posts
1-07-06 517 side

The top of the 517 side is full snow, frozen heavy on the legs resistance. Very fun for snow if you got the legs. Went up the white trail and into the purple (white going up was clear) ended up turning around and going up perhaps the ***** climb, all snow till we got back to the purple and down some wide muddy ditch area ( I'm getting the idea that unless there is a drought that area is mostly muddy) then down and around the orange trail which was clean and fast.. (besides the downed tree).. all in all lots of fun, good workout and a nice change to get off the spin trainer...

·
hellrazor
39 Posts
hi all, happy holidays. our small group of four hit allamuchy yesterday afternoon (sunday jan. 8 th). the conditions were great. some snow, very little mud and i would guess 90% rideable! i know the trails are going to be muddy now though with the temps staying high for the remainder of the week. it was fun while it lasted. we really had a great time, the weather was beautiful and we really covered some ground considering.
take care ...c ya!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.