Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
pedalhead
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode here on Saturday. It was great after the rain. Usually sandy and slow, but the rain on Friday packed the sand down and made for a quick surface.
SINGLETRACK!!!
If you like tight winding singletrack, then you owe it to yourself to ride here at least once.
A bunch of stunts were built up using guardrails. Instead of a plank of wood, you ride on some precariously placed guardrails laid on there sides.
Found two bowl type areas with roll downs everywhere you looked and a very sketchy root down dropoff. Most of the approaches to the stunts were difficult with tight turns in the sand right before you drop in, but they were FUN FUN FUN!
If you like rock gardens, then don't go here. The biggest rocks I saw were no larger than driveway gravel.
If you like fast singletrack, then head down towards the golf course and make a left on the Unmarked Secret Singletrack Trail and explore.

Then I went to Belmar and Bar A.
That is a whole other story in itself...

·
fun things are fun
85 Posts
yay someone else that likes allaire.
i wonder did you run into a huge pile of horse s%#@T somewhere on the orange it's covered in maggots and flies and when you ride around it all the flies swarm up and follow you far about 5 yards frikkin gross i'm half tempted to bring a shovel and clean up all the crap on the trail.
anways did you actually go over those guard rails i tried twice and almost fell but didn't make it either.
and where is this path near the golf course i've gone down all those root ledges and cleared a massive amount of webs in the process and some how popped out onto the course. And i didn't notice other trails but i did notice that golfers are amazed that there was a mountain bike trail in allaire. I didn't ride on the grass but a guy in a cart spotted me and asked what i was doing riding in the woods. I told him why not then i went back.
the only gnarly thing i can think of is that crazy technical hill that i can barely walk up let alone climb on my bike.
Also did you try the trail on your left when facing hospital road it's really cool just stay to your right when it forks and you go along the the river it's really neat.

·
255 Posts
That new unmarked trail is awesome. Tight and rolling singletrack. I learned how to mountain bike at Allaire almost 10 years ago and its nice to see the landscape being developed to its full potential. Allaire is a really solid park with something for everyone.

·
fun things are fun
85 Posts
I just went there today and guess what a giant maple fell on part of the trail and is messing with my loop
it's on the unmarked trail i think you know the one that runs by the river
well maybe 3/4 of the way or a little more there lies the tree it's not just a trunk that i can walk or ride over it's the top where alll the braches and leaves are( shoulda brought my camera)
So how can i go about fixing this will the rangers eventually find it or do i have to rent a couple chain saws and ask some friends for help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts