Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Trail Junkie
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've taken quite a bit of a hiatus form MTBR, but I need some help. I'm trying to breath new life into my old DiSSent frame by building up for a friend that wants to get into MTB.

The problem I am having is that it's no longer possible to purchase the derailleur dropout for the frame, and I was wonder if anyone has found a work around like another slider derailleur dropout that will mount up in the frame??

My other option, and I don't really want to do it (because I feel the DiSSent should be SS) is have a new set of thru-axle dropouts welded in permanently. I know a frame builder locally that can hook me up, but I wanted to test the waters first to see if anyone had some inside info of a work around. I don't really care if its a hack job as long as it's safe and reliable.

I SHOULD just tell the man to learn how to ride SS out the gate, but I want to see if the alternative exists. I no longer ride the bike because I've completely moved on to trail/aggro geometries w/ wide bars and my SC Chameleon set up SS fills that niche.

I'll be very grateful for any help you guys can provide!

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm not much help, but I've started riding my dissent again, but in the back of my head, I know its on borrowed time for this very reason.

Lesson: proprietary stuff sucks. Proprietary stuff from 1 man band shops that disappear into the ether *really* sucks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.