Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you get your 'rents to take you to all these dh races :confused:

i am contemplating whether or not to get a dh bike or to keep my dj bike... i asked my parents if they would take me to races and that said they'll think about...

should i just hold off on the bike for a few years until i can drive, or should i try to convince them to take me....

thanks, JJ

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
I get my provisional license in Sept...but for now my Dad is just really cool and takes me all over.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
konabiker said:
I get my provisional license in Sept...but for now my Dad is just really cool and takes me all over.
thanks, i was hoping you'd reply...

my dad takes me mxing but he thinks bikes are a waste of money and i should save for a car :(

i should load my bike into the back of where i mx... that would be sick! (anyone know gorman?) :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
JBsoxB said:
thanks, i was hoping you'd reply...

my dad takes me mxing but he thinks bikes are a waste of money and i should save for a car :(

i should load my bike into the back of where i mx... that would be sick! (anyone know gorman?) :D
i grew up ridin in gorman!! were you at in socal anyway!!!

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
888bighit said:
i grew up ridin in gorman!! were you at in socal anyway!!!
2 mins from from the whoopidy doos (KENT_ER) so i'm a ways from it...

do they allow bikes in gorman? it would be soo much fun hitting some of the doubles there...

i need a new mx bike... i'm looking at a YZ 85 or a 125 or something i dunno... CR?

·
pwn3rator
3,640 Posts
gorman is hawt, get a rmz 250 cause 4 stokes are my favorite, i think u could get away wit de bike on teh track, mebe teh fiddy track, or hit it up at night when everyone goes out to walk it on saturday, or not, mebe you should just bring de biggest wooden kicker ever and set it up somewhere, or not, i get rides to de dh races wit jacky and tommy, and mebe mikey too...

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
scabrider said:
gorman is hawt, get a rmz 250 cause 4 stokes are my favorite, i think u could get away wit de bike on teh track, mebe teh fiddy track, or hit it up at night when everyone goes out to walk it on saturday, or not, mebe you should just bring de biggest wooden kicker ever and set it up somewhere, or not, i get rides to de dh races wit jacky and tommy, and mebe mikey too...
i haven't been there in sooooooooooooo long (like 5-6 years), so it probably has changed...

dude, i have a 4 stoke and i could never beat anybody cuz they accelerate too slow (or mabye i was a dumbass) but i'm goin 2 stroke...

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
JBsoxB said:
?) :D
try to do both...get a DH bike and "hitchhike" w/some locals....and tell your dad. Aren't you glad I have a bike for addiction instead of pot, alcohol or drugs like some of the other kids in the neighborhood...hopefully this advice works

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
try to do both...get a DH bike and "hitchhike" w/some locals....and tell your dad. Aren't you glad I have a bike for addiction instead of pot, alcohol or drugs like some of the other kids in the neighborhood...hopefully this advice works
lol, that might work...

but hitch hiking w/ the locals seems a little dangerous considering i live in santa monica (or almost) (no offense all the guys i've met at Kizenter (i do this so people can't search it) are cool)

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
JBsoxB said:
lol, that might work...

but hitch hiking w/ the locals seems a little dangerous considering i live in santa monica (or almost) (no offense all the guys i've met at Kizenter (i do this so people can't search it) are cool)
dats waz i sayins...people yuz meets

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
I'm in the same hole only its because my parents are over protective enough that they won't let me drive on my own to races. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
JBsoxB said:
how do you get your 'rents to take you to all these dh races :confused:

i am contemplating whether or not to get a dh bike or to keep my dj bike... i asked my parents if they would take me to races and that said they'll think about...

should i just hold off on the bike for a few years until i can drive, or should i try to convince them to take me....

thanks, JJ
If you're serious about it, go for it and show them that it's something you are serious about doing.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Zonk0u said:
If you're serious about it, go for it and show them that it's something you are serious about doing.
i did...

i might just hold off on it for a year or so, and hone my skills at the dj's...

thanks for the input...

oh, and speaking of dj's anyone wanna ride kenter on saturday? around 9 or 11 or something?
i'm gonna try to coordinate a plan w/ my friends right now, we'll see...

(lol, so cle'ched) cheers! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
im not near as young as all you people ..hell yall make me feel like an old man. im 21 but ... when i was 13 i rode BMX races all the time ... i thought that i would never get out of it ... then i turned 16 ..got my first truck and bike was no more.sold! i would wait and make sure your interest is still there after you buy the car ...i am just now getting back into biking 6 years later, (to keep myself in shape in off season,snowboarding, just my take on things....

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you are in that position of buying a car or buying/supporting a bike, just go out and buy a movie like The Collective and you'll see where its at. Also, find a cool shop to hang out at. Chances are there is some kind of crew riding out of the shop, and there are plenty of extra seats in the vehicles the older guys have. I was lucky enough to start hangin' out at a freeride/DH oriented shop when I was 14, and then they didn't have any reason not to hire me when I turned 16 because I was doing more work just hangin out than some of the actual employees. Now I'm 19 and anytime I needed a ride there was always one available because you can usually just get a ride to some central meeting point (like the shop) that is easy for parents, and then shop guys can take you from there. Just get your parents into the shop and around the scene so they see that everyone is cool and legit. This is the best way to get rides, get a job (pay for your bikes and help contribute ride money), and get cheap parts. Worked for me at least...

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.