Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 40 of 490 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
my xcr

a pix of my XCR, the components are not vintage, but it's fine....for me!!
any comment.....
Thanks

Andrea

PS in few days I will post other my Mnatis frames.....

Attachments

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wooooah, that is one wild ride Andrea! Is that finish original? That is spectacular. I'd be curious to see the componentry rundown. Ird brakes & Cooks cranks? Very cool indeed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
flyingsuperpetis said:
Wooooah, that is one wild ride Andrea! Is that finish original? That is spectacular. I'd be curious to see the componentry rundown. Ird brakes & Cooks cranks? Very cool indeed.

Hi Pete,

The fork is Tange,
king headset
Ringle post and stem
Cook F crank
Paul brake and lever
Sram shift and rear der.
XT front der
Hyperlite bar
ringle ? wheel set with Salsa skewers, but I would change it with Machine Tech
Onza porc's tires

for any question feel free to contact me.

Ciao

Andrea

·
Registered
2 Posts
here are my two Insects

a MANTIS XCR and a MANTIS XCR EC that I both bought at Cambria Bicycle Outfitters back in 1987 and 1989 :D

Attachments

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,730 Posts
Ok, Ok, I'm here now...

Sorry dont have my pics readily available at the moment. If anybody has any Mantis questions though I have lots of answers.

I'll try to post some pics tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Go to town man!

SkullCrack said:
I've also got the one from '95 and a price list. Just let me know if anyone is interested in me posting it.
Holy guacamole. Yes please! That's stunning. A beautiful scanjob too!
*****innnnnnnnnnnn

·
on a routine expedition
1,584 Posts
'95 catalog

As promised, here's the catalog from 1995. I still laugh when I read where it says the Screaming V will be available 4/95. Try late summer '96, and I got one of the first ones.

Attachments

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,730 Posts
And why wasnt it available in 4/95??

SkullCrack said:
As promised, here's the catalog from 1995. I still laugh when I read where it says the Screaming V will be available 4/95. Try late summer '96, and I got one of the first ones.
There were prototypes in spring of 1994 that were 95% the same as the production version. I wonder why it took 2 years to start churning them out.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
FB's Flying V (re)discovery.

Ressurrected by FilletBrazed with love, moved to here by moi,

Good heavens that is one small frame. 10"? Yeow...

Attachments

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,730 Posts
Nope, that's a 16" frame

16" was the smallest Flying V frame. If you scale out the pic assuming the cranks are 175mm then it measures out to 17"c-t of seattube.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Wow.

SkullCrack said:
I wish I had more on the earlier bikes. All I got is this Screaming V stuff, so here's some more. The review is from Bike magazine, and the photo is from the MBA review of the SV.
Woah, SkullCrack, another beautiful post. Thanks! I know Shayne must be itchin like mad now, with Screaming fever... Seeing as how we still don't have any photos from the man himself, here are a few pics of my ultimate dream bike. Not exactly my favorite finish, but still neat to see in such detail. & that's not the first one of these I've seen done similar to this either...

Attachments

·
artistic...
7,601 Posts
beats colnago geo huh?

beeeaauutiifulll! ]

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,730 Posts
But Colnago's is a factory job...

...so I think that's still cooler. As are Kleins early 90's masterpeices. Anybody can ship their frame to a custom painter and have something neat done. This Flying-V and the stars and stripes XCR-EC are neat but I could send my Huffy to CycleArt or the like and have a frame that's just as purty.

21 - 40 of 490 Posts