Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The crew is headed to Fruita for the weekend and we are lookn for the DL on all the spots: trails (plus any night rides?), grub, camping, and possibly a cool location to rest mid day (pool, movie theater, strip club...)?. Good riders lookn to throw down on trail and off for the weekend. Appreciate the advice.
 

·
WWJR
Joined
·
460 Posts
tj.steady said:
The crew is headed to Fruita for the weekend and we are lookn for the DL on all the spots: trails (plus any night rides?), grub, camping, and possibly a cool location to rest mid day (pool, movie theater, strip club...)?. Good riders lookn to throw down on trail and off for the weekend. Appreciate the advice.
1. Fruita is tiny
2. stop by the LBS and get all yur info
3. FYI, theres tons of info on here. If you search "Fruita" youll get most everything yur lookn for.
4. Kessle (sp?) rocks @ night!

:thumbsup: have a bombass time!!!
 

·
caffeine dependent
Joined
·
186 Posts
hullendersauce said:
4. Kessle (sp?) rocks @ night!

:thumbsup: have a bombass time!!!
Kessel, fool! As in, "It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs."

...although everyone knows that parsecs are actually a unit of distance, not time, as Capt. Solo miss-stated.
 

·
Rolling
Joined
·
11,120 Posts
bstiff said:
Kessel, fool! As in, "It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs."

...although everyone knows that parsecs are actually a unit of distance, not time, as Capt. Solo miss-stated.
Ah but Solo was solving the traveling salesman problem and the competition was in distance. The normal distance was 18 parsecs.. He found the shortest distance to make the run. Cutting down the distance just happens to cut down the time too.

Recall that in relativity that space and time and linked and can be looked at as a single variable.

Like taking the dirt road back to the lot instead of the trail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
My bad...I was confused! Kessel run is in Fruita

More Fun is my fav in Fruita, do Mary's Loop to More Fun and ride More Fun counter clockwise :thumbsup:

Also check out GJ, incredible riding there as well and only a 10-15 min drive from Fruita.

We'll be camping and riding in GJ this weekend (sat/sun) with about 10 people so if you want to hook up with us send me a PM. We'll be riding GJ on Sat and heading over to Fruita to ride More Fun and whatever else we can squeeze in before driving home on Sun.
 

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
Joined
·
12,454 Posts
weimie said:
Kessel Run is in Moab not Fruita.

More Fun is my fav in Fruita, do Mary's Loop to More Fun and ride More Fun counter clockwise :thumbsup:

Also check out GJ, incredible riding there as well and only a 10-15 min drive from Fruita.

We'll be camping and riding in GJ this weekend (sat/sun) with about 10 people so if you want to hook up with us send me a PM. We'll be riding GJ on Sat and heading over to Fruita to ride More Fun and whatever else we can squeeze in before driving home on Sun.
Ride early! :eekster:

Saturday: Sunny and hot, with a high near 97. East southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west southwest.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 63.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 96.
 

·
WWJR
Joined
·
460 Posts
wikipedia says...

bstiff said:
Kessel, fool! As in, "It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs."

...although everyone knows that parsecs are actually a unit of distance, not time, as Capt. Solo miss-stated.
The Kessel Run most likely gets its name from the real "Kessel runs" that took place in World War II, during the Soviet counter-offensive in the Battle of Stalingrad. During Operation Uranus, the Soviet army managed to encircle about 250 000 soldiers, primarily Germans and Romanians. To aid the units trapped inside this pocket, the Luftwaffe tried to create an "air-bridge" to supply the besieged army. However, the relief effort met with disaster, as a lack of available aircraft, heavy Soviet anti-aircraft fire and Soviet interceptors made the "Kessel runs" unsuccessful
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As it stands, 4 riders signed up (25 years old). Headed west tomorrows early eve, hitting pub in avon, and crashing at friends. Saturday early rise to hit Kokopeli at 10 to 1, chill out _____ (fill in blank) till 6, hit the bookcliffs till 8, eat _____ (fill in blank). Camp at bookcliffs . Possible night ride after a few PBR's :nono: :thumbsup: Late rise to hit _____ for one last ride. Grab some grub in GJ at ______. Head east to reminisce in my cubicle as my coworkers ask why I have a huge smile and glove tan lines.:D :cool:
 

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
Joined
·
12,454 Posts
tj.steady said:
As it stands, 4 riders signed up (25 years old). Headed west tomorrows early eve, hitting pub in avon, and crashing at friends. Saturday early rise to hit Kokopeli at 10 to 1, chill out _____ (fill in blank) till 6, hit the bookcliffs till 8, eat _____ (fill in blank). Camp at bookcliffs . Possible night ride after a few PBR's :nono: :thumbsup: Late rise to hit _____ for one last ride. Grab some grub in GJ at ______. Head east to reminisce in my cubicle as my coworkers ask why I have a huge smile and glove tan lines.:D :cool:
You're hitting Loma from 10am-1pm? Be careful out there. :skep:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top