Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Zion 737 geared 29er frame and a Motobecane Fantom29 frame when they were around. Now they're both no longer available. :madman: :madman: :madman: .:confused: Does anyone know anything about where some cheap new 29er frames are??

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
First, the Soul Cycles frame (use Bulldog's link) gets great reviews for an affordable, well designed and well constructed frame:thumbsup:

But if you are looking for something cheaper, a new version of the Moto Outcast frame now with sliding disc dropouts is already available here

·
Registered
906 Posts
Been looking for one of these myself. Define 'cheap' :D

I'm holding out for steel, for the time being anyway.

VooDoo Dambala, Steel @~$400
Vassago Bandersnatch, Steel @~$480

Is zion ever coming back? I was seriously eyeballing one of them myself...

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Frs1661 said:

forget any of those mentioned, seriously. There is no choice but On One at the non custom pricepoint. Yes I am an On One whore no doubt but that is entirely based on the ride where for me, there is not even a close second based on bikes I have owned when all things considered. If you are in the US and want an On One PM me and I can hook a brutha up as its the least I can do for the crazy Brit

ONLY problem with Inbred (steel) right now is that they are out of stock but I believe Brant said ready by mid January

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
FoShizzle said:
forget any of those mentioned, seriously. There is no choice but On One at the non custom pricepoint. Yes I am an On One whore no doubt but that is entirely based on the ride where for me, there is not even a close second based on bikes I have owned when all things considered. If you are in the US and want an On One PM me and I can hook a brutha up as its the least I can do for the crazy Brit

ONLY problem with Inbred (steel) right now is that they are out of stock but I believe Brant said ready by mid January
I am so sorry Fo. I have let you down in horrible ways. I seriously don't know how I forgot that I have an Inbred and that it is the bee's knees. Great deal for a steel frame, especially for one with great design and geometry!

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
You forgot the one that started it all........SURLY Karate Monkey $395 or if like me you prefer to use Jenson for any online shopping get them to price match it - they did for me last year when I got mine.

Frs1661 said:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Unreal Cycles on ebay still has some On One Inbred 29ers with headset for $250 and free shipping or just the frame for $275 (I think we all know which is the better deal!) Not to undercut you Fo, just letting the OP know where the deals are. Also $450 for the Frame headset and carbon fork!

·
Frt Range, CO
2,576 Posts
Here's my list of sub $500 frames, lots of GREAT bargins. I made a spreadsheet with spec for all these and figured out what I wanted.
Steel:
Voodoo Dambala $370 + shipping
Soma Juice $375 + shipping
Suley KM $465 w/fork + shipping
Vassago Jabberwocky $480
Q Cycles $400?

Aluminum:
SoulCycle Dillenger $400
Bianchi Rita $250 + shipping
Misfit diSSent $350 + ~35 customs fee
Motobecane outcast29 $180

·
Registered
233 Posts
Look on flea-bay. 08 redline flight 29er frame set that you can run geared or singlespeed for 285 plus shipping then click on the the store that is offering the frame and you can get a 07 flight frame for 250 plus shipping.
I picked up the 07 frame last year and it's been a great ride.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
ia_ss157 said:
Unreal Cycles on ebay still has some On One Inbred 29ers with headset for $250 and free shipping or just the frame for $275 (I think we all know which is the better deal!) Not to undercut you Fo, just letting the OP know where the deals are. Also $450 for the Frame headset and carbon fork!
no worries....i beat those deals easily however, with the caveat right now that Inbreds not in stock but the new generation are out in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is a good thread to keep going at this time.:thumbsup: I waited and waited to see if anything close to the 2 deals I got a little while back was going to happen, but probably not due to inflation and all. (1.) Motobecane Fantom29...$95 shipping included.( 2.) Zion 737 $179-and the Zion rigid fork was about $35 if memory serves me right. Then the Zion closed out at Jenson for $145. ...Probably gone are the days. But let's keep looking. And keep posting and updating. ...You never know!! :thumbsup: ---zarr :)

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
The days are definitely not gone for good...

As 29ers become more and more mainstream you will see more frames available in the same complete spectrum of prices as 26" frames. For now, mostly because of smaller sales quanities, there is a premium to pay for most 29er parts but this will continue to slowly change as sales increase for 29ers and they reach equal popularity as 26ers. Then you will probably see plenty of 29er options from people like Sette, Axxess, Leader, etc

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
boomn said:
The days are definitely not gone for good...

As 29ers become more and more mainstream you will see more frames available in the same complete spectrum of prices as 26" frames. For now, mostly because of smaller sales quanities, there is a premium to pay for most 29er parts but this will continue to slowly change as sales increase for 29ers and they reach equal popularity as 26ers. Then you will probably see plenty of 29er options from people like Sette, Axxess, Leader, etc
That was a very encouraging reply, Boom. But man, the wait!:confused: I'm going to try to rule out instant gratification and hold up for a while. I hope suspension forks prices drop too. Just can't see spending $350 plus for a fork. I thought when the Manitou Drake29 came out prices would drop.(...not yet!) ...Time to wait. I guess I just caught a couple of deals that slipped through the cracks. Waiting for Toras to go down some.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.