Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
64 Posts
unigeezer said:
Thanks! Not long ago a poster suggested that I "deinterlace" my videos,
Oh, it was much more involved than that.

unigeezer said:
I finally tried "Virtual dub", but it didn't support wmv files, so I downloaded a converter ad changed them to "Divx" format, and then V.dub recognized the file, and allowed me to add the deinterlace filter and save it as an avi file. The avi file was HUGE at 6 gigs, so I imported it back to Movie maker, and saved the newly deinterlaced video back to wmv at a more reasonable 120 mb size.
You have a workflow issue. You shouldn't be converting .wmvs to divx, and then deinterlacing that file.

.wmv is a delivery format, not a source format, and should be the last step.

The quicker (and better quality) way to do it is to edit all your video (using your source footage in its source format like MiniDV avi), then export your finished project from WMM as a dv avi. Deinterlace that file and then render to wmv.

You'll preserve more of the quality and go though less steps.

unigeezer said:
All the footage you see with the "fisheye" effect *was* shot with the camcorder, and so those parts were deinterlaced.
Today's word:

Vignetting.

Maybe you fixed it later in the video as I only made through thirty seconds or so (I've never been a big fan of the circus either).

unigeezer said:
A lot of work to do, but I can certainly see the difference!
That's sure is a giant "about face."

·
Banned
64 Posts
unigeezer said:
The point is, I DEINTERLACED IT! And WTF do you mean by "(I've never been a big fan of the circus either)." If that some kind of LAME inference about Mountain unicycling, you're a real idiot and totally ignorant of the SKILL, STAMINA, BALANCE, CORE AND OVERALL STRENGTH, FOCUS that it takes to do this! Get a ****ing clue you *******!
You seem to be having an issue with your caps lock key and your asterisk key Terry.

Yes, just because someone enjoys watching some mountain biking videos (this is a mountain biking site after all) doesn't mean that they will enjoy watching unicycling videos.

Other than occurring on some of the same terrain, they don't share much in common, especially from a video standpoint.

And it's true, I have never been a big fan of the circus.

·
Banned
11 Posts
iHelmetcam said:
You seem to be having an issue with your caps lock key and your asterisk key Terry.

Yes, just because someone enjoys watching some mountain biking videos (this is a mountain biking site after all) doesn't mean that they will enjoy watching unicycling videos.

Other than occurring on some of the same terrain, they don't share much in common, especially from a video standpoint.

And it's true, I have never been a big fan of the circus.
How many different names do you have?

WHY???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts