Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,731 Posts
From all reports, this year's course was even more brutal than the "traditional" 3-lap format.

I didn't race this year. Rather, I volunteered as "Course Rover" aboard my dirt bike. I racked up 250 miles ... easy compared to those who's bikes lacked an engine.

There were no snafus. I don't know much beyond that... didn't get to the finish line until 8:45pm Sunday night. The party was pretty much over and most folks gone home by then.

--Sparty

P.S. I won a Chris King wheelset in the Saturday evening raffle... that was cool.

·
I'm with Padre....
21 Posts
P.S. I won a Chris King wheelset in the Saturday evening raffle... that was cool.[/QUOTE]

Was that my raffle ticket Sparty???? :D

·
Registered
8,071 Posts
Sparticus said:
From all reports, this year's course was even more brutal than the "traditional" 3-lap format.

I
I would agree wholeheartedly with that statement!

The race was run perfectly. I can think of nothing to offer but compliments to Scott, you, and the rest of the merry band of volunteers.

How about that baby doe on the first climb of the 17-mile "stairway to hell"!

Finally, I thought we had an agreement for a $100 tow up that climb the second time around. Where were you?!?!

Kosmo
T4

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,731 Posts
kosmo said:
I would agree wholeheartedly with that statement!

The race was run perfectly. I can think of nothing to offer but compliments to Scott, you, and the rest of the merry band of volunteers.

How about that baby doe on the first climb of the 17-mile "stairway to hell"!

Finally, I thought we had an agreement for a $100 tow up that climb the second time around. Where were you?!?!

Kosmo
T4
I was looking out for you -- didn't want to contribute to your being DQ'd! Don't thank me.

(Shoulda made it $200.)

Ha ha. Anyway, way to freakin' GO, man!

Madre, yeah.. somehow I won your wheels. Oops!

P.S. For some reason you're not the only one who thinks this.

--Sparty

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Singletrack dancing in my head...

that's all I saw trying to sleep the night after the race. The long climbs all but gone.

I've done three different versions of the puff, and this one by far is my favorite and the toughest!

To Scott, Dave, the Xmen, and all the rest....thanks for an incredible weekend!

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
I took WAY too many photos. I'll be going through them this weekend, and plan on posting a photo thread by Sunday night.

·
Registered
62 Posts
waaaaaay tougher than last year -- I went from 10:24 to ~ 11:45. last climb of the day had me seeing starts. course was amazing. support perfect. i promised my wife i would take a year off after this one and I am regretting it soooo much right now ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.