Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Committed
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been enjoying the wonderful high Sierra trail riding as it melts out. This ride was from a few weeks ago before the fires engulfed northern Cali, and the air was still clean. I love riding in this area, it offers plenty of tech climbs and descents as well as some of the most beautiful scenery around. I have almost never seen other cyclist out here, mainly we run into backpackers. The hikers are almost always very friendly, mostly thinking we are somewhat nutty for being out here on bikes.
Anyway, thought you all would enjoy some photos.
First some scenery shots:

Attachments

·
i can't type the letter s
1,096 Posts
Bikezilla said:
Man that trail looks awesome. 2X on TS... first thoughts were "No pads? Not me!"
I guess she's got skillz. :D

Great Stuff, soulrider! I'll try to remember my camera this weekend. We'll be riding in Sequoia National Forest and your pics are just stokin' the flames for me.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
my 1st thought was "WOW! thats pretty!"

my 2nd thought was "what trail?"

my 3rd thought was "she looks good when shes not in the ER gettin stitches or a cast." get some armor on ya silly kids!

·
Committed
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good fun to be had up in them thar hills for sure.
We don't generally wear pads on trailrides unless the speeds are fast, like Downieville.
This riding is fairly slow paced, not much chance of a high speed ragdoll crash.
I just wanted to share one of my favorite riding spots with everyone, I look forward to this area all winter. There are lakes everywhere, tons of wildflowers, and granite peaks dominate the skyline.
My photos don't do it justice.
The RFXs are in their element up there, imo this is the terrain the latest RFXs were made for.
And yes, my wife has skills. More than a couple of guys have learned the hard way not to jump out in front of her on the trail.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
40,340 Posts
Somewhere up highway 88?

·
Living the Dream
1,816 Posts
That's my old stomping ground Cheese.

tscheezy said:
I've done some long trail runs through the Desolation Wilderness like from Meeks Bay to Emerald Bay. That would be a cool place to ride. :)

Dood, no pads? That chit looks loooooooose. :eek: :thumbsup:
I've done Emerald Bay to Fallen Leaf Lake Via Dicks Pass. I love Desolation.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Heh.

If that was in the last two days, I was flying over you guys in a helicopter.

I was looking down thinking, hey the trail looks clear.:D

edit: you sure that's all mountain riding and not trail riding? Might be light fr or technical xc too. You guys sure you had the right grips for the genre?

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
tscheezy said:
I've done some long trail runs through the Desolation Wilderness
Some of the best riding in tahoe.

I swear if it weren't for me some of those trails would disappear. Actually they are anyway.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.