Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tenya Laybacker
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of choosing some new rubber. If you have tried any or all of these tires I would appreciate some comparison feedback. You know how they hook up to different surfaces, wet vs dry, how well they roll, handeling profiles, stuff like that.

I have mostly worn out a pair of Adreniline 2.0's I like them, they turn and roll well. But I am looking for a slightly bigger tire with better hook up for tech XC

I think I have winowed it down to in decending order to.

Nokian NBX 2.3 F/R
Enduro Pro D2 2.4F/2.2 R
Kenda Nevegal 2.35F/ 2.1R

·
Registered
119 Posts
Kenda

I live in Colorado on the front range and most of our local rides are lose over hardpack with a good dose of rocks thrown in. I have been riding MTB's for several years and have tried numerous diff. tires. This year I put a Kenda Blue Groove 2.35 Stick-e on the front and a Kenda Nevegal 2.35 Stick-e on the rear. They are on a 2005 Spec. Stumpy 120 expert. In my opinion the setup I have is awesome. The blue groove up front is super tacky and helps to rail turns, it also brakes well. The nevegal is by far the best rear tire I have ever used. This tire grips like no other in every situation I have thrown at it. I will continue to use these tires as long a Kenda keeps making them.

Give these a shot, you will not be disappointed.

G

·
i like the nevegals as well. they don't roll as nice as some other tires, but they sure do provide good grip on loose stuff. if you want better roll characteristics with some sacrifice to traction on loose stuff you can try the Cortez. i loved the Cortez on the slickrock on Gooseberry Mesa.

·
just along for the ride
3,033 Posts
If you want to rail the corners put on a Maxxis Minnion 2.35 42 duro front tire, its about 850 grams but well worth it on gripping everything (But avoid clay/mud). For back tire 2.3 NBX are fine, I'm still running mine at 80% gone and its become a almost XC like ride with a very square profile so it floats on sand as good as the 2.4 mutanoraptors. Nevegals are very nice too but with its low knobbies it doesn't last long. Have fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.