1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts

Attachments

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
It's those yahoos from the Texas panhandle!

TNC, don't you know you have to go down to Big Bend to get some good riding? (Besides, you go across the river and get the best Mexican food ever!)

·
crashes in parkinglot
1,257 Posts
black socks may be geeky but, they don't show dirt as well as white socks.

I think drop in season one had a short little thing on black socks, as i recall it was pretty serious, though funny.

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
Panhandle???

Guyechka said:
It's those yahoos from the Texas panhandle!

TNC, don't you know you have to go down to Big Bend to get some good riding? (Besides, you go across the river and get the best Mexican food ever!)
Them's fightin' words, pard'ner!:D Big Bend...Pfffft. I got a little 80 mile trail a few miles SW from my home that any AM rider would kill for. Hey, speaking of Big Bend...I notice that there might actually be something worth riding there in the not-too-distant future if everything goes right.:thumbsup:

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
TNC said:
Them's fightin' words, pard'ner!:D Big Bend...Pfffft. I got a little 80 mile trail a few miles SW from my home that any AM rider would kill for. Hey, speaking of Big Bend...I notice that there might actually be something worth riding there in the not-too-distant future if everything goes right.:thumbsup:
Yeah, the last time I was down there I wasn't riding. My sister and dad went out, and I followed in the "support" vehicle (why it was needed is a mystery to me). But it did look like a fun ride, even if it was all double-track. You need to go down there and join the team of volunteers to build the single-track.

BTW: I get to say anything bad about Texas I damned well want, since I am a Texan by birth (born in Ft. Worth and grew up in Arlington). I've earned my rights!

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
Damn city slicker, eh?

Guyechka said:
Yeah, the last time I was down there I wasn't riding. My sister and dad went out, and I followed in the "support" vehicle (why it was needed is a mystery to me). But it did look like a fun ride, even if it was all double-track. You need to go down there and join the team of volunteers to build the single-track.

BTW: I get to say anything bad about Texas I damned well want, since I am a Texan by birth (born in Ft. Worth and grew up in Arlington). I've earned my rights!
LOL!...you still in Texas?

·
Master Of Fooliganism
483 Posts
Oh my gawd!

TNC said:
I thought maybe you were just on the "Best Of AM" bandwagon, but the link actually goes to a very deserving sock choice there.:D I don't know about the high tops though. Even black low quarter socks make one look pretty geeky. Just look at these yahoos.:rolleyes:
It's not the black socks. It's the wearing of socks with the sandals! Oh my eyes!

Oni is now blinded

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
I'll have you know...

Oni said:
It's not the black socks. It's the wearing of socks with the sandals! Oh my eyes!

Oni is now blinded
that they hand those sandals out at the rest home...free to all residents. They even put my name on the inside of the strap.:D

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
On a serious note...has anyone seen those Dr. Scholl's diabetic socks? They make them in black low quarter, and they are CoolMax and extemely wickable. They cost about $6 for two pair at the Evil Empire (WalMart). They are woven with thick fibers but they are relatively far apart. They've been amazing IMO. I work at a shop and can get any socks at cost, but I haven't found anything as good as these, regardless of price. Initially it may seem strange buying diabetic socks, but really it's just a supportive and wicking design that really works. They look like any low quarter sock when you're wearing them. Anyone else see or try them?

·
EDR
10,421 Posts
I wear black socks (DeFeet air-something-or-others). I bought them b/c they were 4 bucks a a pair and the white ones looked downright goofy (even though previously I wore regular white socks all the time :p ) I have very little fashion sense but I'm happy when I ride none-the-less:D

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,800 Posts
TNC said:
On a serious note...has anyone seen those Dr. Scholl's diabetic socks? They make them in black low quarter, and they are CoolMax and extemely wickable. They cost about $6 for two pair at the Evil Empire (WalMart). They are woven with thick fibers but they are relatively far apart. They've been amazing IMO. I work at a shop and can get any socks at cost, but I haven't found anything as good as these, regardless of price. Initially it may seem strange buying diabetic socks, but really it's just a supportive and wicking design that really works. They look like any low quarter sock when you're wearing them. Anyone else see or try them?
Blasphemy!!! Theres a better sock than Smartwool Adrenaline Light? For 1/4 the price? :confused:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.