Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All Mountain FS - $2000 CAD or less

After changing my mind many (hundreds) of times, I've decided that I want a relatively light all mountain bike. Right now the front-runner is the Jamis Dakar XLT 1.0 so that should give you an idea of what I'm looking for. I could go a little more on the cross-country side but I don't think I want anymore freeride oriented than that. As the title says, I can get it for about $2000 CAD and I really can't go above that cost. So...is there anything else that I should really be looking at in this genre and price range? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Aaron

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,938 Posts
Dakar XLT frames are actually rather heavy (7 plus pounds) and Rocky Mountain is running a factory authorized sale on overstocked ETSX models right now as I recall. ETSX frames are in the 6 plus pounds range, a better design, and you can probably find an ETSX-10 for around $2000. One of the ottawa dealers have them for that much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about a Marin Rock Springs for the same price? How do they compare? The Marin has a little less when it comes to the parts spec, but maybe a better frame and design? Thanks again for any help.

Aaron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.