Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RHRF!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... for me to FINALLY clean the Waterfall on National! (I've been MTB'ing for 19 of those...) I just had my 51st birthday and I couldn't ask for a better present! How was it? Well it was kind of like sex... lots of anticipation and over with way too soon. :D "Ten Seconds to Love"...? - Motley Crue

Mark and Scottay showed their support by sharing in my success.

I'm hoping that a 'Spine-Run' is in my not-to-distant future...

·
RHRF!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After I got my speed controlled in the chute, I set my front tire to the far left and then I immediately looked down the trail, forcing myself to look at the finish. It worked and it really was over in the blink of an eye. I also took the advice of NOT using my front brake.

Now to tackle the Spine...

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
This may sound absolutely crazy but the outside left line is actually very simple now; even easier than the spine. You have the steep roll in but then it's just a straightforward roll to the exit. There's a line that's being used to climb that same section so it's a lot easier than it used to be. Trust me:devil:

G

·
kenbentit said:
This may sound absolutely crazy but the outside left line is actually very simple now; even easier than the spine. You have the steep roll in but then it's just a straightforward roll to the exit. There's a line that's being used to climb that same section so it's a lot easier than it used to be. Trust me:devil:
Left line is a breeze now. If you just keep your speed from the upper section you hardly even notice the waterfall anymore.:D

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
titusbro said:
After I got my speed controlled in the chute, I set my front tire to the far left and then I immediately looked down the trail, forcing myself to look at the finish. It worked and it really was over in the blink of an eye. I also took the advice of NOT using my front brake.

Now to tackle the Spine...
yup its a head-game, but you played it just right. fwiw, i found that I worked up to the Spine by practicing going faster after the initial dropin in your vid. that way I had a decent amount of confidence in my ability to ride out the bottom, and only had to worry about the Spine itself as the new challenge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.