Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright it's that time of year. We rush around trying to show everyone that we care about them with gifts we hope they'll like, appreciate, and not want to return to the store. That is unless you're a wierdo like me who starts shopping for Christmas in January. If the kids ever find where I stash it all, I'm out one great hiding place. Anyways, I was just wondering what MTBR's would love to see under their tree.

My top 5 list would be:
1. an all-expense paid biking trip
2. time with a personal bike trainer to improve my biking skills
3. new winter clothing to ride in
4. a new headlight for night riding
5. promises that I could ride wherever and whenever I like

What would you dream of?

Fiona

·
Registered
334 Posts
I want....
New bike shoes
New road helmet I crashed and ruined my BRAND NEW ONE.
Winter riding clothes
lots more stuff that might have to wait tell my Birthday. :D

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
You must know my sister..

Fiona said:
Alright it's that time of year. We rush around trying to show everyone that we care about them with gifts we hope they'll like, appreciate, and not want to return to the store. That is unless you're a wierdo like me who starts shopping for Christmas in January. If the kids ever find where I stash it all, I'm out one great hiding place. Anyways, I was just wondering what MTBR's would love to see under their tree.

My top 5 list would be:
1. an all-expense paid biking trip
2. time with a personal bike trainer to improve my biking skills
3. new winter clothing to ride in
4. a new headlight for night riding
5. promises that I could ride wherever and whenever I like

What would you dream of?

Fiona
she'll shop all year for x mas.

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
Single Speed, will that fit under the tree? :D
Thats enough, Ill be happy with that. :D
Sean

·
Registered
271 Posts
stuff

A trainer so I can ride lots inside through Jan & Feb. Warm socks and bike shoes so I can bike lots outside for the rest of winter.Good warm gloves.AND a mild winter so i can just plain bike lots..hehe Kona

·
Registered
167 Posts
Suggestion

fairyweatherider said:
A windproof, waterproof jacket that I don't sweat to death inside when riding that is a cute color that will fold up into my xs jersey pocket.

Any suggestions?
Fairyweatherider,

Guaranteed Windproof, waterproof and most important, affordable--oh and it comes in cute colors...not pink though.

Frogg Toggs--Pro Action Jacket
Awesome jacket for the money
http://www.froggtoggs.com/
http://www.froggtoggs.com/separates.htm

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Amen!!!

konahottie_311 said:
A trainer so I can ride lots inside through Jan & Feb. Warm socks and bike shoes so I can bike lots outside for the rest of winter.Good warm gloves.AND a mild winter so i can just plain bike lots..hehe Kona
I like your list. Can I amend mine to include the MILD winter? It started raining in NorCal with nasty winds and rapid temp drops. What one needs to crush any biker's dreams of a good ride day. I just found the best warm socks, Buffalo Boolies. There by the same company that makes Polar Boolies and Woolie Boolies. Oh yummy, warm footies!!!!!

Fiona

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
The fly fisher.......damn Sabine got her list out before me :mad:

Okay, scratch that. I'll settle for a shirtless, lonely cowboy :)

As for bike stuff, hmmmm..........

- road bike
- the new Blur XC
- handlebar light for street bike
- spare helmet (the one I use for street bike doesn't seem to fit anymore)
- high-end technical fabric sweatshirts that I keep seeing in the new catalogs
- chain cleaning machine
- workstand
- pump track! http://www.leelikesbikes.com/better-homes-and-pump-tracks.html

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I want the LBS to get in my Spec Womens Taho MTB shoes (requested them before Halloween), and the Specialized BG Women's Grips (trying to get rid of ulnar nerve issues/pain).

I already got my new Easton XC carbon bar and a new Thomson stem to go with it.

Hubby is trying to decide between a 30gb iPod or a bike stand.

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
The absolute ultimate gift, though, would be for my obese father to get a bike and start riding. I'd get him a bike if I thought he would actually use it.

·
cyclemaven.net
364 Posts
If I tell you, you'll all want one

I'm not usually one for jerseys, in fact, I everything I wear is plain. But I find myself really wanting these:

1) This just pretty much sums me up.
2) I wish this came in women's. I just know he's thinking "It's a do-able climb on the SS if I could just traverse that last bit..."

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.