Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Just another FOCer
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aliso and Wood Canyons Park, Orange County, CA.

The Path Bike Shop ride yesterday went to Aliso Woods. Here is the video I shot of Tani descending 5 Oaks trail. Though not as popular as Rock-it, Lynx or Meadows this trail provides plenty of challenge and fun.

5 Oaks
(Right click the link and select Save Target As...) Play time is 2:57. File size is 22.3 MB.

Serge finishing up 5 Oaks trail:

·
Just another FOCer
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tani blamed the mishap on his fork being locked down. ;) Others like to call it "the curse of the camera." You have to give him points for going over the bars and landing on his feet. :cool:

mtbbill said:
Good Stuff, Winston. Nice skills on the riders part. Of course Mr Camera Ham, probably would not have turfed if had not been looking back at you so much to make sure you were still filming him :D

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Winston said:
Tani blamed the mishap on his fork being locked down. ;) Others like to call it "the curse of the camera." You have to give him points for going over the bars and landing on his feet. :cool:
love the Cure too...haven't listen to that song in a while

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice.

Great vid! Made my day while I'm stuck here in the office. :)

I've ridden Aliso-Woods for years, but where is 5-Oaks trail? Looks like a fun ride.

I usually ride up to the Top of the World from the valley floor and then cut across Alta Laguna to descend and end the loop via Meadow trail...

·
Registered
335 Posts
It means....
If you are gonna ask someone to tell you where an "illegal" trail is, please use PM's.
Posting directions to it is sure to get it closed down.

Not that you would have know about it's illegal status, so this is for the other guy as much as it is for you.

·
Registered
197 Posts
-bb- said:
First rule of fight club.....

DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!!!

2nd rule....

DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!!!
5 oaks is a legit trail. To ride it legally you have to hike-a-bike from the bottom of the trail. It starts on the right hand side of the canyon (if you are riding up) about a quarter mile before the turn off to coyote.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanx. Actually I have ridden this trail before. Just didn't realize it was called 5-Oaks. It's on the other side of the canyon. The video just threw me off.

I'm pretty sure it's legit becuase it's listed on the AW canyon maps (or at least it will be) according to the Rangers.

It is a fun ride, but just like a lot of South County trails, instead of nice views of mountains and trees, you get views of Yuppie homes and their custom pools.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Where is 5 oaks?

Winston said:
Aliso and Wood Canyons Park, Orange County, CA.

The Path Bike Shop ride yesterday went to Aliso Woods. Here is the video I shot of Tani descending 5 Oaks trail. Though not as popular as Rock-it, Lynx or Meadows this trail provides plenty of challenge and fun.

That looks sweet! can you tell me how to get to this trail? I have been to Rock-it, Mathis, Lynx and Meadows but never heard of 5 Oaks...
Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Illegal?

I thought 5 Oaks was legal?!?! Isn't there a sign or something implying the legality of the trail? Or is that what I get for riding behind someone else, with more experience...?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.