Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making myself an alignment gage and just got a quote for the piece I need waterjet cut. One is $100 and ten is only $30 each. Would anybody else like on of these? If I can get ten folks to commit, I'll buy ten and sell them at no profit.

The idea is that you find the center plane of the frame near the BB with the ST and then check the rest of the main tubes to see if they're in plane. Then you check the dropout spacing with the 120/130/135mm section of the gage.

I'll be using the 4 holes to bolt it to the slide on a height gage. Though, there is plenty of room for you to make your own accommodations for mounting.

Please let me know if you're interested.

-Joel

[email protected]

Drawing Silver
Text White Line Font Diagram
Line Parallel Diagram Drawing Line art

·
Registered
194 Posts
I would be careful with using waterjet for this application. For just a little more money, you could have it machined. Change your design a little bit by adding some radii of course. If you get it machined, the edges will be clean and straight and the holes will be on location. None of that will happen with waterjet.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Please check the new design and details at http://www.clockworkbikes.com/alignment_gage.html

I removed the 4 holes for mounting since so many people want one, I'll just drill my own. As for the spacing, it'll be exact and you can just make you dropouts a pinch wider. There is now a 100mm portion, too. A few folks wanted 145 and 150mm but i decided to not do those. You could always drill and tap some holes for small bolts that thread out to whatever spacing you want.

Thanks, Joel

·
what, no trials?
129 Posts
Do you want us to pm the shipping info or email......... or does it matter??

when do you want payment and whats the total gonna be with shipping? (or did I miss that somewhere).

and... when will these be done?

Thanks

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fanzy4 said:
Joel,

Just by curiosity, which kind of height gauge were you planning to screw it on ? Digital one ? I'm trying to find what would be the cheapest solution...

Thanks !
Francois

It's a Japanese something vernier height gage. I'll be drilling and tapping 4 holes for 3mm bolts on the slide. There are plenty of old height gages on eBay you can make work.

-Joel

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Alignment Gage Payment

I'd really like to order these gages soon. Please check the list at: http://www.clockworkbikes.com/alignment_gage.html If you have not told me "the check's in the mail" or I have not received PayPal by Friday, you will not be included in the order.

If the list doesn't reflect your payment or mailed check, please let me know. If you are listed by your screen name and real name, please let me know.

Thanks, Joel

3940 Cedar Ave. So.
Minneapolis, MN 55407

1 - 20 of 24 Posts