Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so that's a pretty darn specific setup - which seems to be non existent, bar the odd post I could find which involved butchering a MTB lever to almost look like a drop bar.

Bicycle accessory Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Red Bicycle

Am I really the only one looking for this setup? Well ok fair enough there seem to be a few other options like the TRP Parabox Drop bar Hydraulic Disc conversion Kit

And someone tried to come up with a home-brew solution, but I can't find any further info on this:
Carmine Animation Graphics Illustration Cleat

https://www.turboferret.co.uk/hydro1.PNG

Please somebody tell me there is something similar out there that will make this work!?

So I currently have some Alfine Versa drop bars which will only work with mechanical disk brakes, running BB7 / BB5 combo at the minute, but I much prefer hydraulic ones. Please let me know if you know of a solution?

If you are in a similar situation, lets get some numbers and ask Shimano to sort it out :)

Cheers

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Di2 Alfine (8 or 11) is compatible with Shimano's BR-R785 hydraulic levers, after running the e-tube software. It is currently the only official way to run an Alfine with hydraulic brakes.

A full system comes in somewhere in the neighborhood of $1500.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.