Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

Does any body knows the REAL weight of these rims, or know where I could find it.

And, would a d321 sit a nevegal 2.3 (kevlar) without trouble.

Help much appreciated

Cheers and nice rides

·
Registered
205 Posts
If I remember right, my Mavic D321 CD ano, 32-hole rims weighed ~680gr. ea.
What exactly do you mean by a Nevegal 2.3 fitting without trouble? As in, the tire being too wide or too narrow? It will easily fit a little narrower(2.1 would be the extreme limit IMO) and a much wider tire than a 2.3 without issue. The rim is 36mm wide if memory serves me correctly. I have used 2.2 kevlar and 2.35 steel beads successfully in the past. Excellent rims by the way, super durable.

Edit: Oh yeah, these rims are now known as the EX 729 model.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Duh-Iuth!

I was refering to as the tire being too narrow; but seems it´s not an issue.

I am planing on replacing my Supra N´s for Mavic d321 (EX729). I know there is a big improvement, still i am concerned about being more heavy than the Supra N; I still pedal uphill my 40 pound bike sometimes.

As far as I know, the listed weight for Supra N´s is 660g (Alex rims usually weight more than listed though) so a difference of less maximun 20 grams doesn´t look that bad. Just wanted to be sure about the weights, and what was I getting into.

Again, thanks for the help

Duh-luth said:
If I remember right, my Mavic D321 CD ano, 32-hole rims weighed ~680gr. ea.
What exactly do you mean by a Nevegal 2.3 fitting without trouble? As in, the tire being too wide or too narrow? It will easily fit a little narrower(2.1 would be the extreme limit IMO) and a much wider tire than a 2.3 without issue. The rim is 36mm wide if memory serves me correctly. I have used 2.2 kevlar and 2.35 steel beads successfully in the past. Excellent rims by the way, super durable.

Edit: Oh yeah, these rims are now known as the EX 729 model.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.