Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
LBS Manager
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode Albion Hills today and it was amazing. I rode the whole black trail and all the single track was dry. Some of the double track particularly the section that runs along the river was a little muddy. I have never had a good December ride before today. I truly hate the winter and can see nothing positive about it other than the fact that it ends. This ride was a Christmas present from mother nature and I am having a hard time believing that global warming is a bad thing lately I played around with self timer on my camera and got a couple of shots.

Attachments

·
I Wanna Be Sedated
764 Posts
Looking at the 5 day forecast, Wednesday and Thursday should be around 7-8 degrees and sunny. I'm taking Wednesday off and heading to Albion as a Christmas present to myself. If that goes well, I may repeat on Thursday. :D

Albion was outstanding on the weekend and I do not want to miss the opportunity to keep extending the season.

Jouko

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Oh, self timer! PHEW! I was looking at that first pic thinking Mere's butt was getting ..... nevermind. :D

Getting out later in the week at all? I'm dyin' here - first yesterday, obviously tonight and now tomorrow is a write-off, too. Wtf?!?!?!? :madman:

I ..... NEED ..... DIRT! :madmax:

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
9pm tuesday evening...none of that annoying 'winter' sun to get in mine eyes.

this is a great off season, but man, are we gonna pay in january...i can smells it now.

·
Looking for Adventure
1,060 Posts
The year was 1998

nogearshere said:
this is a great off season, but man, are we gonna pay in january...i can smells it now.

The fall was warm and summery, and the December was without snow including a brown Christmas, just like now.
THEN
The first week of January, when most people started heading back to work after a lazy holiday time off............
1 metre of snow in one week, and many people stayed home rather than sit many hours in traffic on snow clogged roads. Mel called in the army......and the rest is history.

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
Ricksom said:
Mel called in the army......and the rest is history.
we all know this was a mere distraction as wifey poo stole pants...and lots of them.

i remember that year well, i was travelling Michigan, Indiana and Illinois regularly...and the snow really miffed my drinking schedule.

tonight. albion. 915-930 at the front gate. see you there rockstar.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Hmm, I might have to go back to riding after all. I've been skiing for the past 2 weekends, but the conditions are beyond funky. In fact the hills are closing for lack of snow.

I am happy for you guys, but damn, this is Canada. Christmas without snow is just too sad. I may be Jewish, but I got my Christmas tree and I want a white Christmas, damn it. :D

·
LBS Manager
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
serious said:
Hmm, I might have to go back to riding after all. I've been skiing for the past 2 weekends, but the conditions are beyond funky. In fact the hills are closing for lack of snow.

I am happy for you guys, but damn, this is Canada. Christmas without snow is just too sad. I may be Jewish, but I got my Christmas tree and I want a white Christmas, damn it. :D
Snow sucks the first Christmas didn't have snow just cacti and palm trees. This might be Canada but the winter is the one thing that I truly hate about Canada. I wish we could export winter like we do soft wood lumber but I doubt anyone would buy it.

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
get out to albion.
easily the best conditions of the year...the south side has sustained some damage (it would appear that a few too many tyres didn't steer clear of the mucky areas) but the freeze has made the entire loop pure bliss. traction is way high and the fresh cold air does a body good, i hacked up things i swallowed in the spring...

that said, when the temp jumps to the right side of zero stay out of the south...its only a small portion but it is getting bad...plus you do the north and across the road it is still a good hour. it is december afterall.

and may i wish you a merry christmas biatches.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Ahh.. winter 1998, my first winter in Canada... brings back memories :)

Btw: looksl ike I should hit up Albion tommorow

·
I Wanna Be Sedated
764 Posts
I am driving to Albion as I type this (actually sitting at a red light right now). The weather is the best Christmas gift I can think of...couple hours of riding, go back home, shower and back to work to see how everyone else's day has gone. :)

Jouko

·
I Wanna Be Sedated
764 Posts
The combination of the reflection on the blackberry screen from the warm sunshine and the sweat dripping from my head makes it tricky...but is that a new helmet you're trying out?

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
And a Merry Christmas to you all, whichever way you celebrate this time of the year. Just be safe.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
serious said:
And a Merry Christmas to you all, whichever way you celebrate this time of the year. Just be safe.
I like Red Green's approach - if you can't be safe, be careful. ;)

Hey, you check your P.M.'s, serious? :confused:

I'm hoping to hit Albion once more before Christmas. Not sure if it'll happen or not.

(crosses fingers ..... and arms ..... and eyes)

·
Registered
426 Posts
y'all seem so disappointed not to have any snow. I'd be willing to ship you any amount that you might want....... we've already had over 19 feet. And more is on the way. You ought to be thankful that you can get out and enjoy some riding at this time of the year

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
Hello Nice Mans.
Special price just for you, one time today only.

Winter Equinox thrashing at albion, 915...front gate...forecast calls for rain Fri-Sun soooo that is sucky sucky.

i got a new bottle of jager, someone loves me, i will be sharing it so forgo the winter garb. you'll be fine going polar bear.

·
Registered
806 Posts
nogearshere said:
Winter Equinox thrashing at albion, 915...front gate...
Man, I wish I could join you... But, my lights haven't been charged since mid-summer, and I need new helmet mount part for my BLT (slider piece that goes into the rail of the helmet mount) after a close encounter with a branch during at Summer Solstice race... :(

Arek

1 - 20 of 29 Posts