Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Alaska Ultra Sport

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Bill M 
G
#1 ·
Just wondering why we don't get more Canadian riders up to Alaska for our 350/1100 mile winter race on the Iditarod Trail. Just got word and we are happy that Chloe Lanthier and her husband Jeff will be back with us this year but we would like to see more of our nearest neighbors at the starting line. For more race info check out www.alaskaultrasport.com
Bill M
ps. Come up early for the race and we will take you out for a little Alaskan Slickrock riding!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
cuz we get enough of our own cold weather down here no need to head to some place far seperated from the rest of the world to ride...i'm j/k
anyway i have no idea possibly something to do with the long drive/fly there....and no offense but i would rather got to somewhere where there isn't snow for a winter vacation
DMR

#4 ·
Bill M said:
Just wondering why we don't get more Canadian riders up to Alaska for our 350/1100 mile winter race on the Iditarod Trail. Just got word and we are happy that Chloe Lanthier and her husband Jeff will be back with us this year but we would like to see more of our nearest neighbors at the starting line. For more race info check out www.alaskaultrasport.com
Bill M
ps. Come up early for the race and we will take you out for a little Alaskan Slickrock riding!!
That is awesome! Quick Question: do the suspension forks still work in the cold?

G
#5 ·
Suspension in the cold

Bikebros said:
That is awesome! Quick Question: do the suspension forks still work in the cold?
The suspension forks work fair as long as it is above 0 F but get very stiff or loose air after that. When we race most of us use stiff forks to save weight and you don't really need suspension in the snow.
Bill M

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.