Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. It's late notice, but I'm from Fort Myers area and want to take a trip up to Alafia tomorrow to ride for a while. My normal guys aren't availible. Wondering if anyone is going to be up there tomorrow and is looking for a tag along? I am a strong rider. I ride all the trails there. If anyone wants to join me, PM me tonight. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
im usually down for riding during the week and carpooling up there from the south fort myers area. can't go tomorrow or the rest of the week for that matter because i work tomorrow afternoon and my car is in the bodyshop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay cool. We'll have to take a trip up there then. I'm actually from Punta Gorda, but fort myers is more well known lol.

I'm hoping to head out there DEFINITELY next week because this thursday i won't be around. I'm going on vacation for 5 days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
hey, it has been raining all day. I don't think you'll enjoy the muddy, washed out conditions that will be Alafia today... :( I hope I caught you in time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Given the fact that it has been raining all day, I don't think the trails will be enjoyable until Friday/Saturday (assuming we get hot sun the rest of the week with no more rain).

Just my $.02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Dumb Ass!

cgarolr said:
Given the fact that it has been raining all day, I don't think the trails will be enjoyable until Friday/Saturday (assuming we get hot sun the rest of the week with no more rain).

Just my $.02
:eekster: Crap! i've been reading your postings and it sounds like you've changed your mindset from this morning and finally gave a good piece of advice about riding wet trails.
i know you think your a badass rider or something like that but QUIT RUINING OUR TRAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
JR_MTBer said:
:eekster: Crap! i've been reading your postings and it sounds like you've changed your mindset from this morning and finally gave a good piece of advice about riding wet trails.
i know you think your a badass rider or something like that but QUIT RUINING OUR TRAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you read my posts, you will know that I DON"T think I am a "badass rider"

As for the wet trails...um, all day of rain makes the trails far worse than the conditions this morning I spoke about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
cgarolr said:
if you read my posts, you will know that I DON"T think I am a "badass rider"

As for the wet trails...um, all day of rain makes the trails far worse than the conditions this morning I spoke about.
i think i have to disagree with you. just by watching your -jump- videos you look like youre pretty bad ass.

:eekster: :eekster: OUCH MY NUTS:eekster: :eekster:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Way to step in here JR and talk about NOTHING that had to do with the topic by bashing a rider. Leave the critism on the trails unless asked for it.

THAT is my 2 cents!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would but I am away on vacation until Tuesday. I would any other time though! Keep me posted on when you're going and I'll definietly be down! Besides, I've never gone to Markham.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
i went to markham this morning. it was rideable, but very wet (theres rain clouds over head as I write) and very little fun. I wouldnt drive there from fort myers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
wish i could but i got to work. im thinking boyette on sunday, because saturday there is a workday which will reopen the good stuff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh okay. I'd go on sunday but I have a 24 hour ems shift starting that day. ALL I WANT TO DO IT RIDE!

I guess I'll just head down to caloosa tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
dont do that. the mud cutters had a meeting at the shop i work at and I believe i overheard they closed the bike trails until september.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top