Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, i'm trying to get the word out about the new Alabama Mountain Games which will be held March 18th-21st. Formally North Alabama Whitewater Festival, this event has grown rapidly and will now feature mountain biking, kayaking, rock climbing, and wakeboarding competitions. Last year we had 3,000 people attend, and we only had whitewater kayaking competitions. My crew and i have been building XC trails for the past month, and several Freeride Obstacles ranging from 5' to 18' in height. This is the only X-games/Music Festival in the US as far as we know. Come race for cash prizes, and stay for the party. We will have several live bands, camping, movies played on a drive-in theater screen, partying, bike races, etc. We may also have a large wooden kicker built next to the river to launch kayaks and bikes (bring a lake jumper). The event will take place @ "Boogie Bottoms" in Blount County AL. This site has 365 acres of land, and over 2000' along the Locust Fork River. I'd love to see some local riders come out to support this event which is sure to be even bigger next year! Visit alabamamountaingames.com for more info, or feel free to ask any questions, thanks! [email protected]

·
Registered
116 Posts
this sounds like my kind of weekend!! man if you mixed in dirtbikes or quads, the attendance would be through the roof!! I'll try and make this for sure, just to watch! Thanks for posting.

ohhhh, nooorth bama. Dunno so much now, south bama would of been a decent drive. well see how thick my wallet is in march lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We considered quads and dirtbikes, but did'nt have time to add them this year. We're using dirtbikes to rough out the XC trail right now. We'll have 3 classes, novice, expert, and pro. It will be $25 to enter and the payoff for 1st-3rd will be much higher depending on competitors. The wakeboarders will be pulled by a winch system, and will have two above ground pools next to the river, these will be connected by rails that they will grind in between pools, and then into the river. Should be fun to watch, its always a hell of a party out here

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, here is how the cash pay-off will work for the winners of the XC race. 1st place will receive 50% of cash from entry fee's, 2nd place will get 30%, and 3rd will receive 10%. The remaining 10% will go back to the festival ! We'll also have lots of give-aways and raffle items. :thumbsup:

·
Mi nombre es Austin
228 Posts
I R Going,

Hopefully my 5.10s and Kenda Excavtrs will show up in time, dang backorder, :I

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.