Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
This is what I do. With an Al lockring, the XT is only about 10 g heavier than an XTR and XT cassettes cost half of what XTR goes for.

The lockring doesn't have to be XTR or Dura-Ace. There's also SRP and other brands. SRAM road cassettes are cheap and already come with a Al lockring.

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Token

eurorider said:
This is what I do. With an Al lockring, the XT is only about 10 g heavier than an XTR and XT cassettes cost half of what XTR goes for.

The lockring doesn't have to be XTR or Dura-Ace. There's also SRP and other brands. SRAM road cassettes are cheap and already come with a Al lockring.
Thanks! Would THIS one work on a Shimano XT M760 11-32t?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Hecubus said:
Not with the 34t model. 240g for the XTR, 290g for the XT.
Yea, there's more incentive to use the XTR when you're running the 34t cassette. If I was running 2x9 or 1x9 I'd definitely be using a 12-34 cassette and then the XTR would make more sense. But I run the XT 11-32 because I think my area warrants a triple setup.

I might go 2x9 or 1x9 in the future but for now the triple will do. It would be cool if someone came out with a 36t big cog on a cassette but without going to 10 spd or anything dumb like that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.