Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Question for Voodoo JB

Thanks for posting the pic.Would you please confirm that the head angle specs on the website are not a misprint.I must admit I raised my eyebrows when i saw the 73* head angle on the 20 inch size.

Thanks,Dan

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not a misprint...

dfcas said:
Thanks for posting the pic.Would you please confirm that the head angle specs on the website are not a misprint.I must admit I raised my eyebrows when i saw the 73* head angle on the 20 inch size.

Thanks,Dan
It is in fact a 73. Joe has always designed larger bikes with a steeper head angle to give them quicker handling because of the longer wheelbase. This is pretty common with other brands as well. - jb

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
donkekus said:
Just to hijack the thread a bit...

Any chance of getting some Sobo decals? I have a repainted frame that needs to look nicer... :)
Sorry man. No decals available for painted frames. We have some decals to go under a clearcoat with wetpaint though. - jb

·
SALSAFIED endurance racer
498 Posts
voodoojb said:
It is in fact a 73. Joe has always designed larger bikes with a steeper head angle to give them quicker handling because of the longer wheelbase. This is pretty common with other brands as well. - jb
Which frame sizes will be available? (plus TT length ???) :confused: Same geometry as the rest of the bikes ??? Why do they have such a "short" TT ??? :confused:

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Realbiker, I think you haven't met Joe Murray yet?
If you've met both him and Gary Fisher, you'll understand how one come sup with VooDoo's, and one with Genesis.

When i bought my first VooDoo in '97, the toptubes were regarded as longish, I used a 140mmx0º stem on that bike. Genesis was just 2" ahead of the rest, it seemed. While VooDoo hasn't changed much over time, Genesis is still here, and has set a trend towrds longer TT's. and yes, on my Fisher, I use a 90mm stem. It's just that for the KM, Surly added quite a bit of TT to their 1x1. Salsa more or less did the same.
VooDoo's still quite 90's, although I think the largest sizes did gain a handful of mm's.
I must say I share you longing for longer TT's, I don't think I'll ever buy something under 630mm again, or it'll have to be something Behemoth-like and beyond.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.