Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend an I just brought home our adopted/rescued airedale terrier puppy. We are very excited. Unfortunately the people who surrendered him left him outside 24 hours a day since they got him because he had "too much energy". :madmax: People are so dumb sometimes. Anyway, we have had to start from square one with him (he didnt even know his own name when we got him). Amazingly, he runs really well on the leash, lets me lead the way through narrow areas or doors (thats right, Im alpha male :thumbsup: ). I cant wait to get him running with me on the bike. I hope in the next six weeks (after obediance classes) he will prove to be the endurance machine he seems for rides. I swear he'll run all day long.

Thanks for reading, here are some pictures of Payton.

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
this is Reggie.

He's 10, so he doesn't do a whole lot of running these days, but he still gets excited when I get the bike ready to go. I'd love to take him with me again, but he just can't handle it anymore :(

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Here's to Reggie, a retired riding buddy. My oldest is in the same boat, I think she's done with biking.

She will be 10 this summer. Half black lab, half golden retriever. Luckily my other two dogs are energetic as ever! This is them properly exercised.

Hippie, congrats and great work adopting/rescueing. I'm a big believer in that. I'm sure your pup will turn out to be a great companion. Has anyone seen that new Purina commercial about portions of sales going to dog shelters? It is so tear jerking, my wife actually did cry when she saw it the first time! They've got the dogs looking so sad and the dialogue captures what it looks like the dogs are thinking. It makes you want to go adopt a dozen dogs right away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.