Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally time to retire my 1998 Specialized S-works M2. Definitely going with a 29er, considering Airborne. Either the Guardian or the Seeker. The components of both outshine anything else in the under $1000 range but I'm just not sure of the brand. I've read some reviews and know the pros and cons or at least think I do. Just curious what are some of the thoughts concerning Airborne.

Just recently started riding trails and XC, 4 to 5 times a week. I'm 49, 5'-4" and ride somewhat conservatively on the trails. I'm riding the Iceman this November and decided now is the time to upgrade from the 20+ year old 26" to a 29er. (The old specialized will get a set of road friendly tires for urban slow rolls etc) The Airbornes seem like the best deal for the money but often what seems like a good deal isn't in the long end. Just looking for some thoughts and opinions from those of you with more experience and knowledge.

·
WillWorkForTrail
4,989 Posts
I'm not even sure you're right about the parts spec at the price point being better than other stuff out there. I mean, both bikes are 2x10 to start with. I honestly didn't look that hard because I've seen Airborne pretty much fail at customer service. I won't relate the whole horror story, but the bottom line is a local bike shop would have saved a lot of time and trouble. It would also have made buying a bike from the LBS in the first place a much better deal. I'd recommend you look at local bike shops.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've had a Goblin since 2013. The bike has been flawless. I can't really speak to Airborne's current customer service, but if you don't have many options locally, Airborne might be worth a shot.

That being said, if you have local LBS options, there may be some past year models in stock that would be a great deal as well. My guess is bike prices are on the way up since most of them will be affected by the current trade issues with China.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.