Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after selling my Heckler and buying a Nomad last spring, I've had this emptyness inside.:sad: Don't get me wrong, I love the Nomad, I just wanted something lighter, to rip up the mild flowing singletrack on our weekly group ride with all the XC guys.

So I started shopping around. Picked up a good looking polished frame, decent set of barely used lightweight wheels (cheap),a RS Revelation 130mm dual air, other msc. parts laying around. Converted the wheels to tubless (ghetto) with non tubless 2.1 Nevegals.

To top it off, I had a vow volume Float R I had bought for my old Heckler with the intentions of sending to Push. Well it's Pushed now with the additional .25 stroke added.

It weighs in at 27 lbs +/-. Should be a decently quick Heckler.

Here is a full set of pictures and the rest of the stable.

Attachments

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
67degrees said:
little brother! Mine now has a ti spring on the front shock and weighs 31lbs. I love the way the polished frames look. :thumbsup:
Nice, all mountain build

My last heckler was a heavier "all mountain" build. DT 5.1 with 2.35 tires and a Pike
I never had the chance to get a DHXC, I did have a Ti spring on the 5th.

I do like the polished also.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gticlay said:
I have the newest Heckler frame but that old one sure looks 'cooler' in a bauhaus style. Do they pedal the same as the new one?
I'm not sure how the new/old compare in pedaling. Maybe some who has had both can chime in.

I can't recall reading anthing that the new pedaled better than the old.
If anything, I'm sure SC did their homework and improved.

I personally like the looks of the new style, much smoother looking lines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.