Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have a Fox Flot RP2 on my DB Recoil, I was thinking of doing the
Air Sleeve Maintenance by my self, why to send it to fox and spend $80-$120 if I can get the Air Sleeve Maintenance kit for like $10 & youtube has some good videos on how to do it.

So how many of you guy’s to the do the Air Sleeve Maintenance on your fox rear shocks:confused:

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
Go for it! It's easy, if there's a problem, then take it to your local bike shop.

Deflate fully and loosen the sleeve before removing the shock. Just adding recommended oil every 3 to 6 months of frequent use is all that's needed, unless it is loosing pressure quickly and it needs new seals. If your bike has easy access you don't even have to remove the shock, but clean around first, don't let any dirt or dust inside, removing the shock is safer for cleanliness.

That Fox price sounds like a complete internal rebuild and gas charge. Your local bike shop can do the full sleeve maintenance with new seals for much less.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK cool

derby said:
Go for it! It's easy, if there's a problem, then take it to your local bike shop.

Well good to know, but why are you saying " then take it to your local bike shop. "
For what???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts