Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking for a air shock to replace the curnnut shock inferno , no matter if i lose some travel or getting lower botton bracket height. i want shave some weight from that anchor frame.has someone a ideia?

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
mentawais said:
i'm looking for a air shock to replace the curnnut shock inferno , no matter if i lose some travel or getting lower botton bracket height. i want shave some weight from that anchor frame.has someone a ideia?
What is the eye to eye and stroke of the shock.

Ronnie.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Wow, those things are long! I can't think of anything with such a long eye to eye. I'm not really familiar with the Foes bikes other than what I have read. Is the Inferno one of those with the 2:1 leverage ratio? Is your spring steel? If so you may be able to get a titanium. I also know that Curnutt make a few air shocks for Foes. Maybe one of those will fit.

Ronnie.

·
Registered
54 Posts
curnutt weight

There won't be much weight savings switching to a air shock,the curnutt is light but the are none available for the inferno anyways. I would look for other parts to save weight on. My inferno is 38# but I replaced the curnutt with a avalanche chubbie which is almost 1# more than the curnutt.The 66rc2x doesn't help.I have seen online infernos built to 33#, but with very light crosscountry parts.Any bike with 7.5" of travel will be on the hwavy side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.