Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys the Suntour XCM on my Scott Aspect 940 is a bit lacking. What is a good air fork in the $200-250 range . My bike is a 29er and I'm looking for 100mm of travel head tube is 1 1/8. I'm thinking about the Suntour upgrade program and getting the Raidon what do you all think?? Thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
To be honest, reba is the lowest level fork i'd spend money on as an upgrade. It's a really good chassis, motion control damper and can be found cheap this year (check the stores i mentioned above. really good deals). If you want my opinion, be a little more patient, save a up a little more and go one step above the Recon.

I have no experience with suntour forks, so I'm afraid I can't help you there.

·
Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
1,080 Posts
If you're interested in weight savings, check the Recon or the Reba... The Suntour Raidon won't be any lighter than your current fork, but it's getting pretty good reviews. The Epicon is 15mm ta only, so that might limit you as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So long that it doesn't weigh more that my factory fork I'm okay with it. But a question: are Fox forks really worth the money? Or is alot of it brand?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Rockshox Reba.... Done !!
In my opinion Fox are way overpriced ...!!
I've noticed people on here talk about Xfusion forks they seem to be good value for money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts