Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Believe it if not, my harbor freight pancake compressor seats the worst of wheel and tire combos. You just need the right chuck to blow it up with the presta removed.

I can’t believe I used the bontrager charger pump for years when I had this new harbor freight sitting in storage for years. So much wasted time on my bad wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
579 Posts

·
Evolutionsverlierer
3,085 Posts
I have this one from the Makita Quiet series. It's been excellent, and it really is pretty quiet as far as air compressors go.

Good to know, I can not believe how long I put up with the regular ones at work.
I have a bigger Dewalt one with is way better than a regular pancake but also big and cumbersome even with wheels.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
41,032 Posts
I have a very loud Bostich compressor I bought from Amazon. Works great but loud as hell. I hate it for that.
=sParty
I've heard of people putting them in a large cardboard box...to insulate the sound.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
The 6 gallon Porter-Cable pancake HD sells is a good tool to have all around. Not only to seat tires but to blow out bearings and all kinds of other stuff. If you're a homeowner and do any kind of occasional repair I highly recommend the package kit with the brad nailer and nail gun. If you can wait for Good Friday deals you can usually find those package kits for around $120 bucks. I've heard people are happy with the harbor freight equivalent but I'm not sure they're all that much cheaper really.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a California Air Tools compressor from Home Depot. It's really quiet and light enough to throw in the van and take to the mountain. Have seated many fat bike tires with it. Would recommend.
I ordered in a 6 gal. California Air Tools from HD that came in last Friday and am happy with it. Super quiet. Remounted my MTB tires Thursday after swapping out sealant and it worked great. I actually got it as much for topping off the car tires after using a track pump for many years. There are a lot of equivalent compressors out there for less money but for me the lack of noise was worth the price premium. If I were on a tight budget a cheap compressor with ear plugs will do the same job.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts